IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic DVD - PreOrder

8bitclassics

I have had a few emails with interest. We are almost done with the video portion of the DVD's and working on the DVD's themselves. We should have that done hopefully this weekend and will start ordering material needed to produce the DVD's. So the PreOrders will begin :) Here is a brief description on what can be expected on the DVD's themselves:

• Two Dual Layer (8.5 GB) DVD's with almost 7 hours of footage!
  • Shot originally in 720p HD WideScreen Resolution (Future HD-DVD version possible)
  • Camera footage of the entire show including the museum.
  • All speakers including Dan Loosen, Ellen Lurie, Scott Adams, and many more ...
  • One on One interviews with Scott Adams, Al from AtariAge, and Dan Loosen.
  • Footage from the MGC and AtariAge parties!
  • Conversations with many of the shows vendors including myself (though I wanted it cut).
  • Much Much More!

The DVD's like DVD+R's so make sure you DVD can read them (most new players recently shouldn't have a problem. Should also work on Xbox and Xbox360. Not sure about the PS2.

UPDATE: It plays on my 7/8 year old DVD player that isn't supposed to play DVD-R/+R's, so will probably work on more than I thought including the PS2.

Anyway, preorder is $15.00 plus $2.00 first class shipping or $4.05 Priority Mail. You can PayPal me direct at corey@koltz.com. Please put MGC DVD PreOrder for order info. Once we start shipping, the price will jump to $20.

For those who only have credit card or want to order through my site, we will have it posted this weekend for preorder also. Will make update posts here on on my main site page.

UPDATE: Here are some pics of the DVD insert for the case. Finished with Disc 1, now finalizing disc 2 and will post the contents shortly. I am expecting I might be able to start shipping on Monday.

Now you can order from 8-Bit Classics the DVD and pay with Credit Card and PayPal.

UPDATE 7/20/06 - Added picture of inside insert that shows what is on the two disc set.

Thanks,

Corey

post-6452-1152719208_thumb.jpg

post-6452-1152719218_thumb.jpg

post-6452-1153412448_thumb.jpg

Edited by 8bitclassics

corey, bing me copy to VGS and I'll pay you then(as you know my funds are being tied with the show as of this moment and I don't want to minus any thing from it now)

btw: this wasn't from the person who was walking around with camera was it and interviewing people, if it was I know I came out bad on it,(this will be the second time I got interviewed,first time was fest'99(and that was are apperance on it,becaue I rarely do interviews)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

corey, bing me copy to VGS and I'll pay you then(as you know my funds are being tied with the show as of this moment and I don't want to minus any thing from it now)

btw: this wasn't from the person who was walking around with camera was it and interviewing people, if it was I know I came out bad on it,(this will be the second time I got interviewed,first time was fest'99(and that was are apperance on it,becaue I rarely do interviews)

Your on it Dan :) Audio actually isn't that bad, but video was a little dark.

Very cool, I need to order one of these myself. I'm curious to see how your footage came out. :)

..Al

Your in it quite a bit actually. I enjoy your one on one interview with the tag team of questions from Toni and Scott.

We also have pics of Blatzman, and a ton of other stuff. Will be working on it this weekend some more and write down most everything of what is on it to post.

Corey

Your on it Dan :) Audio actually isn't that bad, but video was a little dark.

Iwan't talking about the audio, Iwas actually talking about the interview itself, caught me be surpise asking about jagfest

and Jaguar (as well as the gorf CD) lighting wasn't the best at the room plus if it was done on the first day, Iwas wearing the jagfest t-shirt which was also black.

I just noticed you mentioned AA party, then I know I'm there(I was hiding in the back trying to keep out of the camera shot)

I'll pay you at VGS in august,like I said funds right now at kind of tied up with VGS.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

An update, First disc so far has the following content:

- Opening comments - Dan Loosen

- Interview with vendors (including yours truly)

- Display of the Underdog Chamber and Gaming Museum

- Speaker Ellen Lurie of Ravensoft - How to get into the Gaming Industry.

- Marty Goldberg of classicgaming.com - How to care for your game collection.

We might reformat stuff to get everything on two discs again, but still might be three. Will post an update when the next test disc has been burned.

Thanks to all of those who pre-ordered so far. Keep them coming :)

Corey

DVD's are coming in. First disc is finalized and will be working on the second disc tomorrow. Here are the Special Features:

- Video from the MGC Pre-Show Party

- Video from the AtariAge Party

- Sights of MGC (collage of video and pics with audio from some great games)

- Interview with Scott Adams of Adventure International

- Interview with Al "AtariAge" Yarusso

- Closing Comments by Dan Loosen

Don't forget to pre-order for the special pricing of just $15 plus shipping. See first post for specifics!

Quick update (and bump), pre-orders are going strong, thanks to all of you who have pre-ordered. Pre-Order is extended until we ship.

Status: First disc is burned for all pre-orders (and a few extra) and have been printed on with the graphic. The DVD case/insert are done. We are finishing up DVD 2 in the next couple days and and insert and should ship shortly after that.

Corey

Got mine yesterday too. Have not opened package yet.....been extremely busy at work.....once things come down, I will be able to watch...looking very forward to it. Thanks for making this available!!! :)

My pleasure. Hope everybody enjoys. On some sad news, Ellen Lurie no longer works at Raven Software. She emailed me on Monday letting me know that she received the DVD and is looking forward at watching, but no longer at Raven Software. Not sure what the circumstances are, but hopefully they aren't bad.