IGNORED

Deathstar Break in

SpiceWare

I'm visiting my brother for the 4th and have started working today with my nephew(11) who wanted to learn how to write a game for his Atari.

The premise of the game is you are Darth Vader and rebels have broken into the Deathstar and you must stop them.

This is our first days worth of progress. My nephew's done most of the coding(I've only taken over to figure out some querks with batari Basic). So far Darth Vader can be moved, and the firebutton swings his lightsaber.

deathstarbreakin.bas

deathstarbreakin.bas.bin

post-3056-1152153978_thumb.png

Edited by SpiceWare
  • Like 2

Nice idea for a game! Is there any other Star Wars game where you get to play as Darth Vader? (Masters of Teräs Käsi for the PSX, but he was a hidden character.)

Some of the Rogue Squadron games... mostly in his custom TIE, but you could walk him around the hangar of Rogue Leader 2....

Darth Vader doesn't get hit with lasers! He deflects them with his hand (or lightsabre!)

Anyway, if you start out with 100 points and lose 50 for each hit, you'd be dead after 2 hits. Or did you mean to make it a loss of 5 points instead?

Edit: Ok, nevermind. So you get points for killing the rebels. Although, I dunno if I like losing points for touching the blocks. Maybe some should have radiation in them and others just be benign obstacles?

Edited by Gregory DG

I found a bug that enabled me to get 999,999 points. I don't know how exactly, but going diagonally into one of the green guys when he's next to a block or something.

EDIT: Look at the next post down to see what I did.

Edited by atari2600land

Darth Vader doesn't get hit with lasers! He deflects them with his hand (or lightsabre!)

Anyway, if you start out with 100 points and lose 50 for each hit, you'd be dead after 2 hits. Or did you mean to make it a loss of 5 points instead?

Edit: Ok, nevermind. So you get points for killing the rebels. Although, I dunno if I like losing points for touching the blocks. Maybe some should have radiation in them and others just be benign obstacles?

Thanks for the feedback!

I suggested to my nephew that he use the ball to make a block that would look like the other blocks, but would blow up if Vader ran into it. I'm heading back to Houston tomorrow so we're out of time to work on it together. I'm hoping he's developed enough interest to continue with his game. I've shown him how to send it to me via email so I can help him, but I'll be resuming work on Medieval Mayhem when I get home.

Here's a more detailed look at the bug and how I got 999,999 points:

Found the bug - it occurs if the score is <= 50 and Vader both runs into a block and gets shot on the same frame. I should have enough time tomorrow to get with my nephew to fix it before we head to the airport.

• 1 year later...