IGNORED

How do you display your collection?

Mr. Postman

As many of you already know, I'm fairly new to the hobby. I've been around 2600s my entire life, but only around a few months ago did I start digging through all my closets and organizing all my carts that I've picked up over the years. Within this recent time I've been blessed with wonderful luck at garage sales and swap meets and I would say that within such a short time a have a pretty dandy selection of carts to play. Since then I have a stack of 2600 consoles in my room and I've been giving them to friends along with extra doubles I have in hopes that one day maybe it'll spark the same interest in them that we all have for our beloved system. Anyhoo, what's the best way to go about organizing and displaying your collection whist still having them all accessible for play? I have all my manuals and boxes on a shelf in my room and my carts sitting out in rows on the floor in my living room. Obviously this isn't going to work out for long, I've witnessed family and friends accidently kicking entire rows of carts at a time. I've got to get my babies displayed properly! ;)

I think this would be a great time for all of you to share information and pictures of your displayed connection if you'd like. I'm sure everyone would get a kick out of the show-and-tell, and it'll really help out us newbies find that special place in our homes for our 2600 carts. :D

Here they are in all their glory, sitting on my dirty carpet. Enjoy!:

AC.jpg

Edited by ResOGlas

Cool collection.

I just moved house so all mine are in boxes at the moment, however I have a set of shelves I made up which hold 150 carts each, and I arrange them by manufacturer. I am a completist and I like to be able to see instantly where the holes in the collection are (I am most of the way through the third shelf at the moment)

Out of interest, there are a few carts in there which I don't recognise: What system are Dawn Of The Dead and the one above it for?

Out of interest, there are a few carts in there which I don't recognise: What system are Dawn Of The Dead and the one above it for?

Dawn of the Dead is a hack of Worm War I done by Salem Frost Games, and the cart pictured above is the Wolfenstein VCS hack of Venture that is sold right here on AtariAge.com. The third row in is all my pirate carts, and you'll see an Activision prototype of crackpots on the very last row to the right. :)

Dawn of the Dead is a hack of Worm War I done by Salem Frost Games...The third row in is all my pirate carts...

Ahh, good good. I don't follow new releases at all, so I hadn't heard of the Salem Frost stuff until now. Apart from the top 5, what are all the carts in row three?

Dawn of the Dead is a hack of Worm War I done by Salem Frost Games...The third row in is all my pirate carts...

Ahh, good good. I don't follow new releases at all, so I hadn't heard of the Salem Frost stuff until now. Apart from the top 5, what are all the carts in row three?

Atari Mania 32 Super Jogos - Serie Prata (32 super games - series silver)

Atarimania - Lost Luggage (Atarimania is a different company than Atari Mania)

Tron - Phoenix

Dactar - 4in1 - Venture/Sexta Feira 13/Frostbite/Entobed

Conector - 4in1 - Pengo/Star Treck/Galaxian/Super Tennis (Yeah, that's how they spelled Star Trek)

CCE - Enduro

Video Tiger - Enduro

ArteVision - Jawbreaker

Pirate.jpg

Edited by ResOGlas

Damn you, you got a Dawn of the Dead! :mad: I just missed that one.

Nice collection you've got going there. As for my display, non-existent right now, I have all of my Atari carts in a plastic drawer unit the same as the ones in AA's loose cart storage tips section. But I'm working on my side room, which will be my gameroom and have all of my gaming goodness displayed.

P.S. Have you checked that Spacechase to see if it one of the monogrammed carts, that is going to be a little quest of mine,as well as some others on the forum. Here's the thread that I found out about it in.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...=16&t=90101

Edited by Wester

Most of my 2600 carts fit nicely in these shelf units I have. I usually just pop 'em open and grab a cart, but I can pull the drawers completely out for display. The drawers slide into units like the one at the end here. At least it keeps them out of harms way :)

post-5887-1152560358_thumb.jpgpost-5887-1152560365_thumb.jpgpost-5887-1152560376_thumb.jpgpost-5887-1152560468_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have anywhere near the space to display all the boxes for various systems, so most of them are pressed flat for storage.

Some boxes do have shelf space for each system. Though again, due to space limitations I have to double stack most shelf stuff. So at the moment these guys

post-5887-1152560568_thumb.jpg are behind these guys post-5887-1152560575_thumb.jpg

And there's a bunch of Colecovision behind these guys

post-5887-1152560585_thumb.jpg

I really need more space. Or less stuff :ponder: :D