IGNORED

Humans

atari2600land

I made this little demo of a game I made in Batari BASIC I call "Humans." Basically, it's Space Invaders in reverse, where you are the alien and you're shooting at the ship. There's a time limit and when it's closer, the alien will turn red to warn you. Press fire at the start screen and reset at the end screen. What do you all think?

humans.bin

Kinda neat. I know you're trying to keep the size small so you can put it in your Spaced Out multicart, but there's two things I'd suggest. One, it seems like your shot follows the horizontal movement of your ship. Is there any way to make them move independantly? Two, is there any way to get the human ship to fire back at you?

I have another suggestion, but I'm not sure how suited it is to a 2K ROM. I'd like to see a reverse Space Invaders where you don't have control of the alien ship -- it automatically goes across the screen, descends, goes back the other way, descends, etc -- and you have to get a certain number of hits on the human ship (it may or may not be firing back) before you reach the bottom.

Kinda neat. I know you're trying to keep the size small so you can put it in your Spaced Out multicart, but there's two things I'd suggest. One, it seems like your shot follows the horizontal movement of your ship. Is there any way to make them move independantly?

I think I might be able to get the shot's horizontal position not to move in sync with the player. Thanks for pointing that out, by the way, because I didn't notice it. I didn't think to move while the shot was being fired.