IGNORED

7800 Beef Drop For Sale!

Albert

Many of you have been following Ken Sider's (kenfused) progress with the 7800 version of Beef Drop. Beef Drop is a port of the popular arcade game Burgertime, which Ken first ported to the Atari 5200 and 8-bit computers. 7800 owners are in for a special treat, as Ken has assembled a limited number of 7800 Beef Drop cartridges, complete with a POKEY sound chip for much better audio than the 7800 can produce without this chip.

We are creating an updated 7800 Beef Drop label and manual, and the label will be in Atari's style of 7800 labels (since we did the same with the 5200 and 8-bit Beef Drop labels). I now have 20 of these carts in my possession, and depending on how well these sell, another small batch will be made available. After that, who knows. These cartridges take longer to build than a typical 2600/5200 homebrew game, as Ken is recycling old Ballblazer carts (nobody's produced new 7800 PCBs in quantity just yet).

If you'd like to learn more about how this version of Beef Drop evolved, you can read this somewhat lengthy thread here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59998

The price, including shipping in the US and Canada is $40.00 (will be shipped via Priority Mail in the US and Airmail to Canada). Outside the US the price is $45.00, shipped via Airmail in a well-packed box.

I have 20 numbered cartridges onhand right now, and the labels/manuals will be done within a few days and the carts will then be shipped (and I'll post some pictures at that time). Ken is working on another batch, but as I said earlier, these are time consuming to build and Ken only has a limited number of Ballblazer carts he can recycle. After these are gone, it may be some time before more are made available!

Update: The first batch is gone! If you'd like to be put on the waiting list for the next batch, please send me an email to albert@atariage.com and I will put you on the waiting list. Thanks!

..Al

IS the BIN going to be for sale still as discussed before?

I see very little reason offering the bin alone, since the demo versions are pretty much fully functional (minus the AtariAge intro screen). Burn or hack it for yourself as see fit. I still think the real value is in getting the labeled cart and manual. Now for those who buy a cart that want a copy for their CC2 who can't easily dump it themselves, I am not sure how to handle that.

--Ken

IS the BIN going to be for sale still as discussed before?

I see very little reason offering the bin alone, since the demo versions are pretty much fully functional (minus the AtariAge intro screen). Burn or hack it for yourself as see fit. I still think the real value is in getting the labeled cart and manual. Now for those who buy a cart that want a copy for their CC2 who can't easily dump it themselves, I am not sure how to handle that.

--Ken

Ok, then that would you see as a resonable donation for using the bin and making your own cart? :) I want to support you, but being that I already have a cart and label made... :?: The only other thing that would be cool is the manual...

Thanks for the superb games, Ken.

Bob

Payment Sent!

[robert tuccitto AT hotmail com]

Excellent Kenfused! To be honest I may have been on the fence to purchase this if there was no Pokey Chip support. However, having this excellent game with Pokey Chip support, made this buy unstoppable for me! :D

Thanks to Kenfused and Albert for getting this release on cart! :lust:

-Trebor

Edited by Trebor

I bought one but will probably never put the cart in a 7800. I just love the convenince of my CC2. I even have the means and skills to make my own cart but I still bought one just to support Kenfused and to thank him for all his hard work.

Allan

Update: The first batch is gone, thanks for the great response! If you'd like to be put on the waiting list for the second batch, please send me an email to albert@atariage.com and I'll notify you as soon as they are available.

To everyone who did get one of the first batch, I'll post pics as soon as the label and manual are completed (and the carts will ship immediately thereafter).

..Al