IGNORED

Yoshi doable on 2600?

atari2600land

For those who don't know, Yoshi (aka Mario & Yoshi) is a puzzle game in which you match 2 or more different shapes up vertically and they disappear. It's like Tetris, except you don't move the shapes themselves, but the base they're on, so all the shapes would have to shift, but that wouldn't be too hard, would it? I made a spec screenshot just in case.

post-9475-1155700474_thumb.png

If Klax can be done so beautifully, surely this can, right?

For those who don't know, Yoshi (aka Mario & Yoshi) is a puzzle game in which you match 2 or more different shapes up vertically and they disappear. It's like Tetris, except you don't move the shapes themselves, but the base they're on, so all the shapes would have to shift, but that wouldn't be too hard, would it? I made a spec screenshot just in case.

post-9475-1155700474_thumb.png

If Klax can be done so beautifully, surely this can, right?

I had to go look it up on Wikipedia (well, Google, which pointed me to Wikipedia); they even have a screenshot. :) I think the 2600 should be handle either way-- with different shapes (players) as in the real game, or with different colors as in your spec screenshot. But then, I haven't seen the game in action, so what do I know? ;)

If you're thinking of trying it in bB, though, I think you're going to have to venture into the world of designing your own custom kernel-- which isn't as hard as it sounds. A kernel that has very specific rules about what is displayed, where, and how, is actually easier to create than a generic kernel that tries to be able to display anything, anywhere, anyhow.

Michael Rideout

• 1 month later...

Is this like a children's game? The blocks are very large, I just don't see it, but then again I am looking at a still picture not actually playing the game it self. I liked the marios pills game, that was a good game so was hattris.

I think marios pills was pulled because it has a bad influence on kids, kind of an opposite effect of "Just say no!" lol

Anyway they were great puzzle games.

I can think of two PC Engine puzzle games that would be great, one involved rolling balls to their home location, the other was something about kicking animals maybe like animals into each other?

It has been a while, but I have them to check on if you want to know.

Wade