IGNORED

Interested in NES High Score Club?

Interested in a NES High Score Club?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a NES High Score Club? Think similar to the 2600 HSC or the 8bit HSC.

• Yes, I'd participate every week.
    • Yes, I'd participate if I like/own the game.
    • Nah, not my bag, baby.
    • Huh? High Score What?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

So, any interest? I'd take part. :)

EDIT: And if you are interested, go ahead and make some suggestions for the format for this thingie. One game at a time? Multiple? Time limit? (1 week? More?) Select games by vote?

I'd prefer something similar to the 8bit HSC - 1 game at a time, run for 1 or 2 weeks, have a running list of nominated games, open voting on the 5 games at the top of the list.

Edited by vdub_bobby

Sounds good to me :)

I only have a couple dozen NES games now, so I'll be using an emulator much more often than I want to :(

On the up side, I always have my camera and my flash cart GBA on me at all times, so I can play/proove a score at any time.

I'd participate, at least with games I own.

Since many NES games aren't really scoring oriented, they may require more creative ways of winning the contest. Perhaps contests like "How far can you get in X amount of time" would be most appropriate for many games. We could also have a "lowest score to beat the game" contest on SMB. Maybe even some pure speedrun contests. A lot of NES games are long, so the rules may need to be tailored so time isn't as much of a problem. There may need to be some discussion in the preceding week about what rules should be used for a given game.

I'd like to see season standings somewhere. Unless I missed it, I think some past HSC's have been devoid of rankings, and that just doesn't make it feel like a competition. Competition is fun.

Can you believe I have never touched an NES, never mind played one? The only Nintendo systems that have touched my hands are a N64 (played Banjo-Kazooie 3 times), and my family of GBA's (my GBA (and SP, and micro) was my first - and only - non-Atari console (handheld or otherwise!) :o though I played all the NES minigames in WarioWare and loved them). Maybe it's time I fill in this missing hole in my gameplaying resume...

Edited by 128bytes

Can you believe I have never touched an NES, never mind played one? The only Nintendo systems that have touched my hands are a N64 (played Banjo-Kazooie 3 times), and my family of GBA's (my GBA (and SP, and micro) was my first - and only - non-Atari console (handheld or otherwise!) :o though I played all the NES minigames in WarioWare and loved them). Maybe it's time I fill in this missing hole in my gameplaying resume...

Definitely! :D