IGNORED

Pondering about Max's

thomasholzer

anyone here own this supposed to be most excellent game from the 'Change in Heat' company?

I've only seen a little advertisment of the game in Antic (very late issue) and a review of the game + a couple of screenshots in Page 6 (issue 56 or 57).

It's not even listed on Atarimania.

Even the packaging was different with hidden pockets for the disk.

Who here owns or played that game? I would love to get a real picture of the game and the packaging.

It's not even listed on Atarimania.

You're right... Actually, you'll often see the game listed as Bar Room Brawl (including on our site) which isn't the correct title. We'll need to change the entry in our database...

Anyway, Fandal has it but I'm not sure if it's the full version...

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching for the FULL game of Pondering About Max's (P.A.M) for years. I have thought about writing to the original address in the Antic ads just to see if the programmer still lived there and had access to his game still, and possibly purchase it from him, but I haven't done it becuase I figured it was a long shot at best. But the Barroom Brawl game on the gaming sites is named correctly, but P.A.M, according to the ads and reviews, is a much larger game that apparently consists of 3 smaller games, that make one big adventure combined. The Barroom Brawl game that is posted at Fandal's site for download is supposed to be the last part of P.A.M, as the ad states; "Called 'Pondering About Max's' or 'P.A.M.' This trilogy of 64k games will take months to master. You'll face countless challenges as you guide the main character through nightmarish dreams to a rocking barrom brawl and an encounter with the gorgeous Barb Vidal." I can only assume that the developer(s) were called 'Change in Heat' as that was the name in the address, but the Barroom Brawl game has the initials A.H, which may be the author's initials, or it could be the name or abreviation for the real development name...I sure would be great to find the trilogy intact, since no one seems to know the names of the other two games in the trilogy, for all we know, they may be out there already, listed under their indvidual names like Barroom Brawl is. Hopefully they will also have the main title "P.A.M" on the main screen like Barroom Brawl does...

Edited by Gunstar

What's out there seems to be a teaser or sample version, the original probably hasn't been dumped yet. There should be just one game, not four individual titles sold separately.

--

Atari Frog

NO, as the AD and REVIEW states, it is 3 (THREE) games sold in 1(ONE) package! And the Barroom Brawl game that is posted is COMPLETE and not a TEASER, but it's not the COMPLETE PACKAGE.

First of all, the scan wasn't even up when I posted... So, yes, I admit I was wrong. I also misread both your post and Michael Current's review of the game. I bow before thou if that makes you happy...

--

Atari Frog

Actually, the proper use in that last sentence should be 'Thee' as in I bow before thee, but yes, I impose 10 bows on you , to me, for lack of reading skills, and even if by accident, all but calling me a liar, which is why I was harsh. :D

As to the review not being there when you posted, I realized that, I was using it's existance as back-up to my quote of the ad, not refering to the scan.

Anyway, according to the review, the game sold too well to keep up with production, so SOMEONE must have the full version out there, but it would be cool to get a hold of the author and see if he still has masters he could re-release, even if only the simple $12.95 version that the review addresses. So, I'd think at least ONE AA member would have the game, after all it was released quite late in the 8-bits commercial viability era, so the buyers had to be die-hard fans and so naturally I would think they still are fans and hanging out here...

Edited by Gunstar

Actually, the proper use in that last sentence should be 'Thee' as in I bow before thee.

I know but I wanted a rhyme :)

Anyway, the game does appear on eBay from time to time. OK, maybe once a year or so...

Unfortunately, most of the die-hard fans of the day don't frequent the AtariAge boards or maybe just as lurkers... Otherwise, we'd be more than just 20-25 regulars here...

--

Atari Frog

Actually, the proper use in that last sentence should be 'Thee' as in I bow before thee.

Anyway, the game does appear on eBay from time to time. OK, maybe once a year or so...

Unfortunately, most of the die-hard fans of the day don't frequent the AtariAge boards or maybe just as lurkers... Otherwise, we'd be more than just 20-25 regulars here...

--

Atari Frog

Sorry, I didn't notice the ryme, if I had, I probably would have understood your use of the word. My bad.

Don't frequent Atari Age boards?!? Is there a BETTER site for 8-bits? I mean, I know there are some other 8-bit forums out there some where, I haven't gone to them in, like, forever though becuase they always seemed pretty dead when I last checked several years ago...so show me the sites...please. I'll ask about P.A.M. on those sites.

So, let's get a poll going here in this thread; who is a die-hard regular here, besides me, that has been a die-hard since the 80's?

In the mean-time, I guess I'll have to save P.A.M. as a regular search on E-bay and check once a week or so...has anyone tried searching the .ATR sites for the other titles in P.A.M. yet? Since we know them now from the scanned review.

Edited by Gunstar

--

Atari Frog

Sorry, I didn't notice the ryme, if I had, I probably would have understood your use of the word. My bad.

Don't frequent Atari Age boards?!? Is there a BETTER site for 8-bits? I mean, I know there are some other 8-bit forums out there some where, I haven't gone to them in, like, forever though becuase they always seemed pretty dead when I last checked several years ago...so show me the sites...please. I'll ask about P.A.M. on those sites.

So, let's get a poll going here in this thread; who is a die-hard regular here, besides me, that has been a die-hard since the 80's?

In the mean-time, I guess I'll have to save P.A.M. as a regular search on E-bay and check once a week or so...has anyone tried searching the .ATR sites for the other titles in P.A.M. yet? Since we know them now from the scanned review.

Hi

I was just going through my old box of Atari Floppies to convert them to disc iamges and I have this game. I have the disk images for it now. If someome can tell me what to do I'll upload them.

Gobo

Fantastic! I'll be uploading the game on our site as well!

Do you have anything on our MIA list by any chance? You can get it here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92559

Thanks a lot!

Edit... Done :)

--

Atari Frog

Edited by www.atarimania.com