IGNORED

Southern California Classic Collector's Meet: changed to Oct 7th!

Sanriostar

Due to logistics and requests to get a larger turnout, the SC3 collector's meeting will be pushed back a week to Oct 7th.

If you are still interested, please reply to sc3-invite@oriole.net

Current attractions include over 20 arcade games, many 7800 rarities from Mitch here on the Atari Age boards, Intellivision and Import rarities from fellow collectors Chris Neiman (of Intelligent Visions) and Robert Worne, one of our old salts on the scene.

Hmmmm, 2 hour drive. :ponder:

Your protos would be a major highlight of the meet. Please consider it. :)

Actually, I have no more protos, but Wonder007 has a massive proto collection now, including some of Marco's. ;)

Come anyway. The more the merrier, and it puts faces to usernames we've been reading for years.

Wow! Looks like this is really coming together. What arcade games should be in the tournaments? I was thinking of Tempest, Robotron and of course... 4 player Warlords ;-) Any other ideas? You can choose from my list of arcade games that I own....

http://www.ggdb.com/Collectors/ViewMember.aspx?mid=394

I hope everyone makes it over :D

Wow! Looks like this is really coming together. What arcade games should be in the tournaments? I was thinking of Tempest, Robotron and of course... 4 player Warlords ;-) Any other ideas? You can choose from my list of arcade games that I own....

http://www.ggdb.com/Collectors/ViewMember.aspx?mid=394

I hope everyone makes it over :D

Steve you bastard! :D

You never told me/us you had a duramold Blaster! DAMN! :lust:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I haven't RSVP'd yet but if I can get there, I plan to bring almost my entire meager collection.

I only collect VCS/2600 (200+ unique titles, 50+ R1-R5 duplicate carts for trade, plus consoles and controllers). Probably the only things I intend to leave home will be my work-in-progress handheld unit, and my spare parts. I hope somebody brings carts and manuals to trade!

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Great event! Thanks to Steve Hertz, Geoff, Robert, Mitch, Chris, Brad, Jason, Tom, George, Chip, Ray, Jonathan, Dan, uh... Tony... um... sorry, I'm terrible at remembering names, and I think I only was introduced to about half of the 20 or so people there. Also, those Atari cartridge name tags are cool, but difficult to read in a low-light environment! For anyone else who didn't catch everyone's name, I was the guy in the blue Atari jacket. I guess we didn't quite get the full turnout of the 30-ish RSVPs I overheard someone mention, but it was pretty good for a backyard, patio and (very full) garage arcade gathering.

Anyway, for those who couldn't be there, there were many coin-op video games, enough to make a quite respectable 1980s neighborhood arcade, and several of the machines are quite rare (though unfortunately some of the rare ones like Rip Off and Major Havoc picked last night to break down, and a jittery pot put a damper on the proposed Warlords tournament). Professor Pac-Man, anyone? (MAME in an original cabinet -- anyone know where to get an original boardset?) :D There were also lots of home video game system consoles and classic computers set up on about 4 long tables, some rare stuff there too.

I'd say about 10 of us brought our trade stocks, and there were a couple of hours of spirited haggling... well, not really :P but some of us did make some deals and several items were given away by those who were tired of lugging them around.

All in all, a fun evening and an event worth attending for those of us who could make it. I would definitely be up for a return engagement the next time Steve or one of his pals hosts it. I'd also be willing to help out with planning and prep, as that seemed to be an area that could have used a few more hands.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

i know geoff was running on zombie power by the end of the night.

Oh, is that what it was? I never heard this, and I mistook his exhausted expression as one of disgust, as I was packing the last of my electrical bits to leave.

No.. it was Classic sleep Dep.

Worked 'till 11:30 the night before.

I had been up since 5:30 that morning, moving most (but not all) the home systems and TVs you saw on and under the tables that night.

I made it home, 1:30 AM, and next thing I know, it's 10:52 AM, and I have a RAGING headache.

I don't handle sleep dep too well, and I guess I was more of that. I love all you that came, we WILL do more in the future, and I WILL get at least 8 hours sleep the next time we do this. Look for something in the March-April timeframe.

And I want to publically thank HomerWannabe for the Inty Congo Bongo. Thanks Dude. :)

Steve (Shertz) had his foot cut up real bad the day after, getting ready to tear-down. time for obligitory Get wells!

Thanks to everyone who came over to my home for my first SC3/Arcade party. I had a blast and the turn out was great. I know a lot of people enjoyed themselves. I took a bunch of pics and I already uploaded them. So below is a cut and paste I have been posting on other gaming sites.

On Oct. 7th 2006, I had my first arcade party at my new house. I teamed up with SC3(Southern California Classic Collectors)for a CGE style gathering. We had about 40 arcade games set up between my new gameroom and the back patios. There were tables set up for playing classic console games and classic computer games as well. My meter was going through the roof =-O. This was also set up as sort of a potluck from the guests so there were plenty to eat. Big thanks to Brad Oldham and Jason Forster (Atari Galaxies) for bringing their arcade games to the party. Click on the link to view some pics that I took.

Next SC3 / Arcade party (at least at my house) will be some time in April / May of 07

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554676605WmRkwR

-steve

Geoff! I want to also say thank you for helping me move some of my arcade games out of storage this past week. It was hell but it was worth it. I got a spare Multi-Pac kit coming your way ;-) And yes, I did slice up my foot the next morning when the shower glass shatered. I got 5 stiches =-(

i know geoff was running on zombie power by the end of the night.

Oh, is that what it was? I never heard this, and I mistook his exhausted expression as one of disgust, as I was packing the last of my electrical bits to leave.

No.. it was Classic sleep Dep.

Worked 'till 11:30 the night before.

I had been up since 5:30 that morning, moving most (but not all) the home systems and TVs you saw on and under the tables that night.

I made it home, 1:30 AM, and next thing I know, it's 10:52 AM, and I have a RAGING headache.

I don't handle sleep dep too well, and I guess I was more of that. I love all you that came, we WILL do more in the future, and I WILL get at least 8 hours sleep the next time we do this. Look for something in the March-April timeframe.

And I want to publically thank HomerWannabe for the Inty Congo Bongo. Thanks Dude. :)

Steve (Shertz) had his foot cut up real bad the day after, getting ready to tear-down. time for obligitory Get wells!

No problem, just happy it went to someone who appreciates it more than me. :)