IGNORED

Enough Wii, check out Minter's Space Giraffe video!

CPUWIZ

Sweet stuff there! I think I know how the hippies felt in the 60's now. I'm a huge Tempest fan and this looks like Acid Tempest on LSD Crack! LOL!

CPUWIZ... do you know a link to all of Minter's games? He's got quite the fanbase... thought you might know em all off the top of your head. :)

I am sure you'll be able to find them on his site.

http://www.llamasoft.co.uk/softography.php

Too bad I can't tell what the gameplay's like because the graphics are so over the top that it washes out the action. It bugs me that Minter couldn't work out the gameplay for Unity enough to put it out, but he's already far along with an Xbox 360 title. I'd like to have seen Unity finished first.

I am very excited about this game but I have to admit that I am worried about this game. I really can't tell what is going on. I am sure it is better in person but if it is anything like what is shown in that video I am afraid the game is going to be unplayable. I am keeping my fingers crossed though.

NOTE: 600th post. Considering I signed up before SteveW it is really pathetic.

Edited by Hyper_Eye

Too bad I can't tell what the gameplay's like because the graphics are so over the top that it washes out the action.

Near the end of the video, he mentions something about altering the graphics so they aren't so obtrusive. It's still a while off from release, so I'm sure there'll be changes. However, I remember people complaining that even Tempest 2000 had a lot of effects that made it hard to play, but I enjoyed it.

It bugs me that Minter couldn't work out the gameplay for Unity enough to put it out, but he's already far along with an Xbox 360 title. I'd like to have seen Unity finished first.

I think this game is probably based on what code he had already written for Unity. Good to see that all that time he spent on it wasn't TOTALLY wasted.

--Zero

Near the end of the video, he mentions something about altering the graphics so they aren't so obtrusive. It's still a while off from release, so I'm sure there'll be changes.

Lets hope so. It looks cool and all but since I presumably wont be on acid while playing it, I'd like to have a clue as to whats happening on screen.

I'd rather hear Elton John belting out "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".

Hey, just rip it to the 360's hard drive and you're good to go! Stock up on other hippy music like Ina Gadda da Vida, The Grateful Dead, and anything with a sitar in it and make it an evening! Personally, I think I'd prefer a techno soundtrack like Tempest 2000, but luckily, we can have it both ways.

I'm really stoked about this game... Jeff Minter makes so few games lately (compared to the 8-bit days), but they're always a huge treat when they finally show up.

--Zero

Tempest 2000 is basically one of the ultimate zoners of all time (right up there with Robotrcon 2084). There come times in the game where you don't know what you're doing, you can't see anything amidst all the neon flack, and you just DO. You just get in the zone, and play. It's a beautiful feeling.

From watching that video, it looks like I now have a true reason to own a 360. I was just thinking not too long ago about hooking up the Jag again to play T2K.

• 4 weeks later...

New video available: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...64&hl=en-GB

Though I do recommend you use the "original size" and "smooth video" options so you can see everything properly going on ;)

The music... well it's borrowed so far (with permission), but you never know, it could make some appearance in the final download.