IGNORED

Jump or Die ColecoVision 3K version

newcoleco

I submited "Jump or Die" to the Minigame Compo 2006.

I programmed this minigame in C, based strickly on what is available on my web site.

There is no "game over" message and no reward... I had no time to think about it.

This minigame is more a playable game engine than a real game.

post-3651-1158633045_thumb.jpg

Controls : Move : left and right, Jump : fire button.

Only 1 level, only 1 player.

Note : I think no one is lucky enough to collect all the keys the first time.

The zip file in attachment here is the updated version with iced floors and more graphics.

cvjod.zip

The background music, freely inspired by Axel F, in mpeg layer-3 format here.

cvjod.mp3

Daniel Bienvenu

http://www.geocities.com/newcoleco/

Edited by newcoleco

I like this one a lot. It's got a lot of potential. The addition of the slippery platforms makes it super hard. The higher one sure makes it very diffifcult to get any of the keys higher up. I wonder if ANYONE can get all the keys?

Challenge: I'll bet no one can get them!

Er, I got them all. :P Took me about 10 tries.

Dangit! I'm usually good at these A.D.D. type of games (I LOVED SWOOPS!). But, after about 40 tries, I could not get more than half of them.

Tips? :?

I like this one a lot. It's got a lot of potential. The addition of the slippery platforms makes it super hard. The higher one sure makes it very diffifcult to get any of the keys higher up. I wonder if ANYONE can get all the keys?

Challenge: I'll bet no one can get them!

Er, I got them all. :P Took me about 10 tries.

Dangit! I'm usually good at these A.D.D. type of games (I LOVED SWOOPS!). But, after about 40 tries, I could not get more than half of them.

Tips? :?

I forgot to "debounce" the joystick data, so you can press and hold the fire button to always jump.

I find this useful when I want to reach the top left solid platform when I'm at the bottom right one.

I start running then I press and hold fire to jump through almost all the unstable platforms.

@Daniel: This is a nice engine. I hope your plans are to develop it into a full scale game!? 8)

I will certainly fill up the actual minigame to at least 4k.

After that, it's not a problem to use again this engine to program a full 32k game.

Who knows, maybe it will be possible to send me new levels to help me filling the 32k version.

Daniel Bienvenu

http://www.geocities.com/newcoleco/