IGNORED

Phitter's Atari Collection

phitter

Here is my collection in all its glory. 446 Different Carts Total for the 2600 (353 Unique titles not including label variations)

Atari Consoles: Heavy Sixer, Light Sixer, 4-Switch Woodgrain, Vader, Jr. (Little Rainbow), Jr. (Long Rainbow), Sears Video Arcade II, Atari 7800

picture011ae2.jpg

Game Center (Probably should dust this more often)

picture014wf9.jpg

Documents, arranged alphabetically by game title (I probably have manuals for 80% of the carts I have and admittedly, I save different Revisions of each - probably in excess of 500 different manuals and other documents (including different revisions), Atari Age Magazines (all saved from my youth)

picture028iu7.jpg

Edited by phitter

WOW! have you been collecting since you were young? or did you go through a "revival" period like me, where you came back to it?

I think I was in second grade when we got our first Atari (4-switch woody) and but for a brief hiatus during high school with the NES, I have never looked back. When I was in college in the early 1990's and SNES (although I love Street Fighter II and the Final Fantasy titles) and Sega Genesis were the big things, I still had my Atari at school and usually could get a good crowd of people to play. Some of my buddies actually brought their stuff in from home and gave it to me for free. Those were the days!

All along, I would pick up stuff if I saw it at a flea market or yard sale but...then I stumbled onto eBay and started to collect more seriously.

-phitter

Do you actually play this stuff too??

I collect this stuff because of how much I enjoy playing but, like many people, finding time to play is difficult nowadays. I keep my Vader in a Game Center with the controllers and my favorite games for easy access. I do play from time to time. At this point, I am really just trying to amass the collection I wish I had when I was in fourth grade.

I also love the nostalgia aspect and thinking back to the epic battles I would wage with my siblings, friends and cousins on the various games; the "High Score Hall of Fame" notebook that we kept in the house (and that I wish hadn't gotten tossed); the thrill of getting a new game; and, of getting to stay up late to play after Friday Night Videos was over.

My top ten is comprised of those games which I still enjoy playing to this day (as posted on the Top 100 Games sticky):

1. Circus Atari (Best Game Ever)

2. Yars' Revenge

3. River Raid

4. Warlords

5. Lock 'N' Chase

6. Demon Attack

7. Barnstorming

8. Gyruss

9. Dig Dug

10 Pitfall!

Admittedly, I have a number of games that have never been played. And I just can't bring myself to open factory sealed boxes. Otherwise, I have no desire to ever play several of the games again (Space Jockey comes to mind.)

I don't play all of them but I am a player.

-phitter