IGNORED

Recomended Dreamcast Games?

Josh

Hydro Thunder, Crazy Taxi, and if you like more serious racing, Flag to Flag are all good E rated games.

Hmmm... thats funny when i saw the game (Crazy Taxi) a while ago it said teen on it...

Edited by Josh

Phantasy Star Online, of course! One of the best games of all time. Offline it's a fantastic dungeon crawl, if you're into that type of thing. Probably T for animated violence (you just fight monsters, etc, no blood or anything).

Shenmue 1&2 - martial arts adventure game. If you have a little patience, and like adventure games, this is a great pick. Probably T due to martial-arts violence.

Capcom vs SNK (probably T due to cartoon violence). One of the best 2d fighters of all time imho. The floaty DC d-pad doesn't help, but the game is still great.

Other great picks (I *think* E, but I'm not 100%):

Crazy Taxi 1 & 2 (great arcade fun, both games are excellent)

Sega Bass Fishing (relaxing fun)

Sega Marine Fishing (more relaxing fun)

Mars Matrix (one of my favorite 2d shooters)

Metropolis Street Racer (one of my favorite driving games)

Crazy Taxi may be T for song lyrics.

No ones mentioned Gauntlet yet. I loved that game, and the good news is, even if you played it on PS2 or Xbox, The DC version while similar is considerably different in the way the screens are lain out.

I think this version of Gauntlet is the same version that appeared on the N64 and PSX.

Skies of Arcadia is awesome, i'll second that. I'm just bitter cause i never got to finish it, my copy freezes at a certain point on disc 1. :(

I also recommend a pair of maracas and Samba de Amigo, the pinnacle of rhythm games!! And the Powerstone games, which are probably T for animated violence, or something like that. They're very non-violent for fighting games, though.

Yeah, you can find some pretty good deals for the Dreamcast on eBay... I won a similar auction for just $45 a month or two ago: a DC with 2 controllers and VMUs, about 10 decent games, and all the cables. Everything works perfectly.

The really great thing about the DC is that because it can read CDRs, you can find some decent homebrews and emulators available on the web.

Edited by ls650

Isn't there a HDD for the dreamcast? Though it may only be compatible with Jap DC's...if it even came out at all. But it seems I remembered them making one, and a DVD drive. There's probably also a USB option to use storage drives, but you'll have to look, I got a thing like that, though ti was to hook up USB mice and keyboards really.