IGNORED

Maze Craze clone

GreyWyvern

Hi, I don't know if this is the right forum for homebrew games not on an Atari-like OS, but I've been building a version of the original Maze Craze (one of my old favourites!), using javascript and updated graphics, as an Opera widget. I just posted a relatively complete version online but I was wondering if I could get some feedback on playability from players who knew the original ;)

I don't want to be seen as spamming any forums so if anyone could let me know where at atariage.com the right place to post such things (is there?), I could post the link and details there. :)

Thanks!

Okay, thanks :)

I made the game into an Opera widget, so you need to Opera browser to run it. You can download it from here: http://widgets.opera.com/widget/5654

I am especially interested in getting feedback on the random maze generation algorithm which is not quite up to the standards of the original, IMHO. Is there anyplace online where I could possibly find the original algorithm to study?

AFAIK, the game includes all the options of the original except for scouts (which I have attempted to replace with a "Torch" option), and fake walls. Oh and this version is unfortunately soundless do to widget limitations :) If I have forgotten anything else, please let me know!

The HTML/javascript code which runs the script can be found in your Opera profile/widgets directory in the zip file, or you can download the javascript from here: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/opera/widge...zymaze/index.js