IGNORED

Hmove at cycle 73 routines

Mord

Yerg. Before I attempt this for a third time (As I'll probably put it off until later and get back to playfields for a while) does anyone happen to know/have a horizontal sprite positioning routine they're willing to share that triggers hmove at cycle 73/74 so as to avoid the ugly comb? :ponder:

Right now my sprite positioning could be done in vertical blank so using a normal hmove was just fine. But the more I think about what sorts of things I'll be trying to impliment, I'll be needing to update on the visible screen on many occations. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Yerg. Before I attempt this for a third time (As I'll probably put it off until later and get back to playfields for a while) does anyone happen to know/have a horizontal sprite positioning routine they're willing to share that triggers hmove at cycle 73/74 so as to avoid the ugly comb? :ponder:

I don't know if this will help you or if this is the type of thing you're looking for. I posted something to [stella] that I use to help with my computations. You can find it here...Horizontal position computations

I do wish [stella] was easier to search through :roll:

This uses the divide by 15 method that you see quite often. Hope this helps.

I don't know if this will help you or if this is the type of thing you're looking for. I posted something to [stella] that I use to help with my computations. You can find it here...Horizontal position computations

I do wish [stella] was easier to search through :roll:

This uses the divide by 15 method that you see quite often. Hope this helps.

It might have at least saved me the trouble of attempting to construct the table myself (and avoid the typical off-by-one errors I seem to make commonly but... :ponder:

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...

Name: Horizontal_Position_Timing.zip

however that at least gave me something to look for, so I dove into my gmail where stella has been accumulating steadily for a few years and found it. Posting it in case anyone else may need it. :)

I only have excel-viewer on my comp tho so I can't go editing things to see how it changes, but I might be able to look at the routine in it as a guide when I give up hope for a pre-packaged cycle 73 routine. ;)

I may still have to look at playfield graphics/storage tho at this point. :sad:

Horizontal_Position_Timing.zip