IGNORED

Miner 2049er Cheat Question

Deteacher

Hello all,

I know about the trick to "warp" to different stations in the Atari 8-bit version of Miner 2049er (type in the phone number, then shift + station #)

However, when I was younger, playing this on my 800XL, I remember I was able to do something similar that would allow me to warp to different zones. I distinctly remember trying to complete Station 1, Zone 10. It was darn near impossible because Bob would run super fast. His running jumps would literally take him halfway across the screen. The mutants flew too. The items had hardly any effect on the mutants.

Because of the increase in speed, some levels were impossible to complete (Levels 4 and 5 come to mind.)

Has anyone else been able to do this? I know I'm not imagining things. :? If anyone has been able to do this, can you refresh my memory please? It's been about 20 years, but I KNOW it's possible. Thanks in advance! :)

After racking my brain, I finally deferred to my brother, who remembered how to do it.

Instead of pressing start, press a number key. Pressing 0 will start you on zone 10. Some of the levels are impossible to play, though, due to the speed of the zone. I'm guessing zone 9 would be doable. :)

Once you start in the zone you want, you can do the phone number trick to warp to any station in that zone. Try it out for a tougher challenge. :)

Enjoy!

Edited by Deteacher