IGNORED

Nick Arcade Sonic 2 prototype found (and dumped!)

LocalH

The early version of Mystic Cave in this proto is very interesting. It has aspects of both Mystic Cave and Hidden Palace.

MCZ? I don't think this proto has MCZ.

Cheese: The code is the same as the Wai build but it's disabled by default. Do UDDDDUDDDDCCU for debug and level select.

The early version of Mystic Cave in this proto is very interesting. It has aspects of both Mystic Cave and Hidden Palace.

MCZ? I don't think this proto has MCZ.

Edit: I was talking about the Hidden Palace Zone, though the proto doesn't have the level names. But nm, it looks like the level always somewhat resembled Mystic Caves. It looks like my lack of memory was confusing me. I looked up info on the level a long time ago, but my memory of it was foggy. O_o

Anyway, the level I was reffering to can be accessed from the stage select code by choosing Spring Yard Zone Act 1.

Edited by BrianC

Yeah, that's HPZ. As far as we can tell, there are absolutely no differences between HPZ in the NA build as opposed to the later build that we've had for years.

Yeah, I tried the later build yesterday and noticed that it's pretty much the same, but with better physics in place and graphics more like the final Sonic 2. Still, it's cool that a build with graphics more like Sonic 1 and Sonic 1's music has been found.

Edited by BrianC

• 2 weeks later...