IGNORED

Gamebase Atari 5200

sut

Screenshot_1.bmpScreenshot_2.bmpSplash.bmpHello I am nearing completion of my Gamebase Atari 5200 (I am also working on a Atari 7800 Gamebase).

The games have all been tested and autoboot from Gamebase, I am using the wonderful Kat emulator.

Information about the game has been entered. Extras taken from this site, Box Scans, Instructions etc.

All games have at least 2 screenshots.

Heres some screen shots of my Gamebase Atari 5200.

Hopefully,

It's a case of downloading Gamebase v1.1, after which you would download my database into the Gamebase folder and run the Gamebase. I'm getting to the stage where I need an experienced Gamebase user/programmer to help with finishing touches and perhaps hosting of the Gamebase. An Installation program which sets the correct paths and configures the emulator ready for use and I would like to find some 5200 audio files so I can make use of the 'Play Music' Tab.

So my wish list to see completion of Atari 5200 Gamebase (so far)

Installer

Audio Files

Addition of some homebrew games

Some feedback and suggestions for improvements

This has been a labour of love but my project maybe outgrowing me :) Since I have no programming or anything above a basic level of understanding for PC usage.

My suggestion would be to get it as far as you can and see if the gamebase devolpers would host it. It looks like they host databases for other systems so I don't see why they wouldn't host this (unless they were out of space).

I would sure hate to see it go to waste, reading the similar topics below it looks like someone claimed to have made a gamebase for the 5200, but I don't see where it was ever finished or published!

-Brian

• 6 months later...

Well I have finally completed what I will call v1.0, This release currently includes all the commercial releases and the Prototypes available in the Atari 5200 Goodset. Public Domain, Homebrew & Self-Published are not included at this moment and at this time I do not plan to include them.

Any feedback good or bad is welcome but please be constructive, also I'm no programmer this is me purely collecting information (mainly from Atari Age) to have a offline database that launches the games.

Here is the Emule link.

ed2k://|file|Gamebase%20Atari%205200%20v1.0%20(Sut%202007).rar|65127546|C3170913255172B98E8C4D8CE1BCA638|h=4PFL73H6UJWDQMAB53KP4FURIO7HIKE7|/

Edited by sut

• 1 month later...
Well I have finally completed what I will call v1.0, This release currently includes all the commercial releases and the Prototypes available in the Atari 5200 Goodset. Public Domain, Homebrew & Self-Published are not included at this moment and at this time I do not plan to include them.

Any feedback good or bad is welcome but please be constructive, also I'm no programmer this is me purely collecting information (mainly from Atari Age) to have a offline database that launches the games.

Here is the Emule link.

ed2k://|file|Gamebase%20Atari%205200%20v1.0%20(Sut%202007).rar|65127546|C3170913255172B98E8C4D8CE1BCA638|h=4PFL73H6UJWDQMAB53KP4FUR

O7HIKE7|/

Hi

Nice idea,but i do not have emule.Would be great,if i could download from another link????? :(

greetings gambler172

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I've not visited here for a while, The gamebase is not currently being shared anywhere apart from emule if you have any suggestions I would contemplate them.

Heres the upto date emule link:

ed2k://|file|Gamebase Atari 5200 v1.0 (Sut 2007).rar|65127546|C3170913255172B98E8C4D8CE1BCA638|h=4PFL73H6UJWDQMAB53KP4FUR

IO7HIKE7|/

I normally run emule from my computer between Midnight & 5:30am (GMT) So you will need to be online between those times.

Edited by sut

• 4 weeks later...

I've also completed a Fairchild Channel F Gamebase if anyone interested (with this being an Atari forum and all that).

"Fairchild is a rather obsure console, but the first console with programmable cartridges.

The Gamebase includes all available commercial releases, with edited version information & also a quick start guide for each game. I have included the Quick start guide as due to the rather 'different' Channel F controls it's not always that simple to just start playing a game. Whilst not going into great depth it will allow you to play all the games.

The Rapidshare link is here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/72508954/Gameb..._2007_.rar.html

And the Emule Link is here:

ed2k://|file|Gamebase.Channel.F.v1.0.(Sut.2007).rar|31109788|D16AB8456291C701D5939257FF

FB6645|h=6DINLY7KIIZCAZQBBWDM2UNCGCBU4TVJ|/

Hope you enjoy the Database"

MESSAGE TO ADMINS

I understand if you need to remove this message as it's not Atari 5200 related.

• 2 weeks later...

Never played the 5200 until now. Thank you a billion times over for letting me in on what I missed out on.

It's like a 2600 juiced out and lost it's mind. The best games are a wonderful way to waste your lives, and even the bad games are bad in ways I've never seen before. Looking at this, I can see why Atari thought their 8 bit line could compete in the post crash world; at least it scrolls better than an MSX...

Thanks for your comments User42 I will add your manuals to the Gamebase when I get the chance, they will make a nice addition to the Gamebase.

Also nice to introduce you to the 5200 A Sprite, I only recently became aquainted myself. It's one of those strange machines which you like, but can't quite put the finger on why :D