IGNORED

Wii sports poll, for real this time!

Xot

Wii Sports poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Wii Sports game?

• Baseball
    • Bowling
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • Boxing

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

all bloody freakin hell i clicked boxing instead of bowling... can i redo that please :P

Don't worry. I just voted for bowling for you because I don't have a wii but my vote counts !!

2 questions about bowling.

Can you change the speed of the throw to make the ball faster/slower?

Can you get a kick-ass curve or is there just like a certain predetermined curve rate?

Edited by Starscream

Bowling: is the best, in my opinion. For whatever reason I throw more to the left than anywhere else, no matter how I hold the remote. Fun game, though.

Golf: is hard for me as I haven't figured out how to control how hard I'm hitting the ball so I slice and hook constantly.

Baseball: Didn't care much for it as hitting was alright but you did nothing in the field except throw the ball.

Tennis: is a lot of fun.

Boxing: Hard. Will take some practice practice practice.

Mendon

Mendon, there's gotta be something messed with the controls or else we suck, I always throw to the left as well. I hear you have to completely follow through for there not to be a curve. I may play it again soon and try to throw it to the right straight on and see what happens. For awhile there, I was curving right and it still went left.

Mendon, there's gotta be something messed with the controls or else we suck, I always throw to the left as well. I hear you have to completely follow through for there not to be a curve. I may play it again soon and try to throw it to the right straight on and see what happens. For awhile there, I was curving right and it still went left.

Are you sure you are not turning your wrist over when you throw the ball? I noticed when the wiimote is in my hand, it has a natural tendency to be twisted left of center, which causes the ball to curve left when I throw (right handed). Once I consciously straightened out my wrist and kept it that way through the swing, the ball would go straight.

Just my (limited) experience, your mileage may vary :)

Can you get a kick-ass curve or is there just like a certain predetermined curve rate?

Yes and yes.

The speed of the ball depends on the speed you swing the remote, as well as where you release the ball (by letting go of the b button)

The corve depends on how fast/sharp you twist your wrist when you are about to release the ball. It really does feel like real bowling.

all bloody freakin hell i clicked boxing instead of bowling... can i redo that please :P

Don't worry. I just voted for bowling for you because I don't have a wii but my vote counts !!

2 questions about bowling.

Yes and yes, although the speed is entirely determined by your throwing motion. Also, rotating the controller (turning your wrist) affects the hook of the ball.

Bowling is by far the best for me. The only real game on there. The rest are

more like demos.

Playing with three people yesterday was like being at the alley.

Two people sitting on the couch waiting for their turn while one stood and bowled.

Really cool.

My throws cut to the left too, although I have adjusted enough that it is minimal.

Still there though.

Baseball was fun. My three year old was playing with me. I think he got the hang of it faster than me.

Tennis was fun as well, but would be more fun if you could control the players and not just the racquet.

Wife and I played this one for a while.

Golf has potential, but really hard to judge the strength of your shots.

Boxing - haven't tried it yet.

Golf has potential, but really hard to judge the strength of your shots.

Yes, but once you get used to that it's just awesome. I dare say I've been playing Golf nearly as much as Zelda. At the very least, you can do practice shots before moving up to the ball to see how hard your swings are. I just love every moment of Golf, I just wish there were a few more holes