IGNORED

Cloak & Dagger Movie Screen Shots.

Atariboy2600

For years we all knwo the story behind the movie and game but many of you out there still or never seen the film it self and I have it for VHS, Laserdiscn and now just last week I finaly got the DVD and I took many screen shots of the movei with any images from Atari 5200 to the game it self and also many other Atari releated images from box games to posters. See if you got spot some here. Ill post just 8 pure topic that way I can show parts of the scenes as you try to fine some Atari images.

Scene A The Opening Movie.:

Here you see both Davey Osborne (played by you know who) with his little girl friend playing a Borad game of Cloak & Dagger in the back room of a video game store.

post-5587-1164532879_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164532891_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164532901_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164532909_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164532919_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164532932_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164532944_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164532954_thumb.jpg

If you look closely at the shot where Davey is holding the supposed C&D box, its facing the camera on the backside and it looks like - from the screenshot on the box - to be Joust.

Curt

Scene C The Game Keeper Store.:

As Davey fines out that his frined is kidnaped and they want the Cloak & Dagger Cart back but Jack gives Davey a decoy game to trick the spys.

That store sold some Colecovision as well. I noticed a few boxed steering wheel module and one 2600 adapter.

When you see a shelf of 2600 and 5200 games next to a 30% off sign, why does the C&D box look like a piece of paper over regular 5200 box? If you look along the top edge of the white area, it looks a bit crooked and it's covering most of the blue bar with "5200" completely covered.

If you look closely at the shot where Davey is holding the supposed C&D box, its facing the camera on the backside and it looks like - from the screenshot on the box - to be Joust.

Curt

Scene C The Game Keeper Store.:

As Davey fines out that his frined is kidnaped and they want the Cloak & Dagger Cart back but Jack gives Davey a decoy game to trick the spys.

Yup, they covered up the back blue strip with a silver one. They probably made a slip cover to cover parts of the front and back of the joust box.

Edit: I just looked at the back of my Joust box. It's different. That box looks more like one of the earlier boxes. Maybe Star Raiders?

http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=628

Allan

Edited by Allan

Cool! Now I can put better movie pictures on my C&D page. There are so many interesting things in that game box picture. You can see the side of a 5200 Battlezone box, the front of the 5200 Tempest box, and the side of a 2600 Tempest box (the ones with red text). Of course the C&D box is a bad fake (no proper artwork), I think you can even see how it was a piece of cardboard they slipped over a real box. Check out that picture with Davey holding the box, there's something weird looking.

Tempest

Cool! Now I can put better movie pictures on my C&D page. There are so many interesting things in that game box picture. You can see the side of a 5200 Battlezone box, the front of the 5200 Tempest box, and the side of a 2600 Tempest box (the ones with red text). Of course the C&D box is a bad fake (no proper artwork), I think you can even see how it was a piece of cardboard they slipped over a real box. Check out that picture with Davey holding the box, there's something weird looking.

Tempest

Well here's a closes up look of the box and the cart it self now I can finaly make a real looking label art of the cart.

post-5587-1164561446_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164561455_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164561463_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164561470_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1164561479_thumb.jpg

I personally like the Atari 800 with no power cord... ;)

Duh! That killer stole the power supply because they knew how valuable it was. Besides, you can use them to beat people over the head with. That's probably how they originally were going to kill Morris...

Tempest

You can just about make out the title of the real boxed they used on that top flap in the first picture of Atariboy's latest post. The second word sure looks like "football" to me....

Yup. I think your right. Mystery solved. So for an AtarAge 'Did you know?' The box that holds the Cloak and Dagger cart in the movie of the same name is really an Atari Realsports Football box. Or something like that.

Edit: The box that Henry Thomas is holding in the store is another game. You can tell by the screen shot thats not Realsports Football.

Allan

Edited by Allan

I'm guessing that at the time the movie was being shot, Atari sent the producers boxes of all the games they thought would be coming out when the film was released. Otherwise why would they have a mixture of released and non-released games in the film?

Allan

I'm more interested in that Atari 2800 poster on the wall behind them. I'd probably kill Morris for that alone. Then again that's really wierd, what is a little game store in some podunk mall in the US doing with a Japanese release only game poster?

I want the 5200 poster. What we need is a very talented individual with Photoshop to make some nice reproduction 2600 and 5200 posters so we can all print out.

Allan

I'm more interested in that Atari 2800 poster on the wall behind them. I'd probably kill Morris for that alone. Then again that's really wierd, what is a little game store in some podunk mall in the US doing with a Japanese release only game poster?

I beleave they used that poster as a In-Joke movie cuase of E.T. in the main middle and we know that Henry Thomas plays both Elliott in ET and Davey in Cloak & Dagger :ponder:

You can just about make out the title of the real boxed they used on that top flap in the first picture of Atariboy's latest post. The second word sure looks like "football" to me....

Yup. I think your right. Mystery solved. So for an AtarAge 'Did you know?' The box that holds the Cloak and Dagger cart in the movie of the same name is really an Atari Realsports Football box. Or something like that.

Edit: The box that Henry Thomas is holding in the store is another game. You can tell by the screen shot thats not Realsports Football.

Allan

Maybe more than one box was used in the various shots, but the one picture clearly reads Football at the top. Remember Atari released both Realsports Football & Football boxes for the same game.

I beleave they used that poster as a In-Joke movie cuase of E.T. in the main middle and we know that Henry Thomas plays both Elliott in ET and Davey in Cloak & Dagger :ponder:

My statement was in regards to it being out of place in the character's location. I'm sure they threw together a bunch of promo posters and such to put up and that was one of them. Though E.T. is in that one poster, its one of bunch of characters in that poster.

Maybe more than one box was used in the various shots, but the one picture clearly reads Football at the top. Remember Atari released both Realsports Football & Football boxes for the same game

The weird thing though is I don't think that first word looks long enough to say "Realsports". It's almost like it says "Atari Football" or something. Maybe I'm seeing things. I guess I need to study my Football boxes when I get home....

Also, what's the red set of instructions he's pulling out in the second picture -- one of the football playbooks maybe?

Edited by else