IGNORED

Need Help Finding a PS3?

jbanes

toptext.gif

PS3 Seeker is a site that makes best estimates and provides real information from user feedback on where to find yourself a PS3! It includes both estimates/feedback on nearby stores, as well as Google Maps that shows you local eBay sellers. (In case you want to save on shipping.) Just enter your zip code and go!

Their most current information states that new PS3 shipments will be going out on December 1st and 8th.

Anything like this for the Wii?

The same site hosts Wiiseeker, but the webmaster doesn't seem to keep on top of things as well as he does on the PS3 side. :(

I inquired at my local Game Crazy the other day, and they were backlogged by 60(!) preorders. Today they had a sign on the door that said, "We have no Wiis in stock! You may only preorder!" Considering that this was all after the Black Friday inventory, it goes to show how much this system is in demand.

I figure that the best bet is to keep trying stores that most people don't think of (e.g. Sears, CostCo, etc.), and see if you can maybe snag one from a fresh shipment. :)

Their most current information states that new PS3 shipments will be going out on December 1st and 8th.

At least at the local GameStop, the 1st was accurate. Oddly I was there buying a not quite as rare Pink DS Lite for my daughter that came in the same shipment as a bunch of PS3s. Don't know how many but I do know the store satisfied their pre-orders, so these were going to people who happened to call or show up at just the right time. They were gone in 5 minutes. (Already had mine, so I was just happy to score the Pink DS).

Eric

I hear the stores are getting a new stock of Wii's tomorrow. Maybe just try showing up at a Target or Best Buy or something first thing in the morning.

I just confirmed this at the stores in my area. All the big stores (Toys'R'Us, Target, Best Buy) already have them but will be putting them on the shelves tomorrow morning. So get out there if you want one!