IGNORED

Scalpers taking it in the rear

Albert

Just took a look at eBay to see what PS3's are ending for, and most are not selling or are selling below retail, such as this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstation-3-PS3...1QQcmdZViewItem

Glad to see the scalpers are getting hit hard--maybe for the next system launch we'll see a bit less of this. Also, it really disgusts me to see people exploiting their children to try and sell systems:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-3-60GB-PRE...1QQcmdZViewItem

Fortunately the reserve wasn't met on that one so looks like they are stuck with the PS3 for now.

I posted a message on craigslist (Austin) stating that PS3s are available in local stores. In less than 5 minutes it was flagged down, probably by the countless people trying to sell them on craigslist right now. Suckers.

..Al

Just took a look at eBay to see what PS3's are ending for, and most are not selling or are selling below retail, such as this one:

Glad to see the scalpers are getting hit hard--maybe for the next system launch we'll see a bit less of this. Also, it really disgusts me to see people exploiting their children to try and sell systems:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-3-60GB-PRE...1QQcmdZViewItem

Fortunately the reserve wasn't met on that one so looks like they are stuck with the PS3 for now.

I posted a message on craigslist (Austin) stating that PS3s are available in local stores. In less than 5 minutes it was flagged down, probably by the countless people trying to sell them on craigslist right now. Suckers.

..Al

My local craigslist (Detroit) has the same problem. Someone sheds light on a situation and it gets flagged down rather quickly. While scams are also flagged, they're not caught as often though.

My local craigslist (Detroit) has the same problem. Someone sheds light on a situation and it gets flagged down rather quickly. While scams are also flagged, they're not caught as often though.

I'll keep posting it throughout the day. After the message is flagged, it still takes a bit before the title is removed from the category.

..Al

I'll keep posting it throughout the day. After the message is flagged, it still takes a bit before the title is removed from the category.

..Al

Right after I posted, I went stright to my local craigslist and looked over the prices for PS3's. The situation for scalpers has been getting worse as we inch toward Christmas and today there were plenty of listings areound the $650 mark for the 60 gig model. In Michigan the price with sales tax would be $635.99! :twisted:

Right after I posted, I went stright to my local craigslist and looked over the prices for PS3's. The situation for scalpers has been getting worse as we inch toward Christmas and today there were plenty of listings areound the $650 mark for the 60 gig model. In Michigan the price with sales tax would be $635.99! :twisted:

Most of them here are being listed at between $700 and $800. With sales tax here in Austin, the 60GB model will cost you $649. My second posting just got flagged. Poor scalpers are getting hung out to dry! :D

..Al

Did you see the shipping charge on that one?..I think he made a little money on that transaction after all :|

Edited by Lord Helmet

Did you see the shipping charge on that one?..I think he made a little money on that transaction after all :|

Holy cow, no, I somehow missed that. Guess that was a bad example to cite. I bet the buyer doesn't pay.

..Al

LOL, someone just posted this to craigslist in Austin:

LAST PLAYSTION-3 ON EARTH - $2650 FIRM

YOU WANT IT, I HAVE THE LAST PLAYSTATION 3 ON EARTH. I have a new Playstation 3 for RIP OFF. I know $2650 seems like a lot of money for something you can buy at the store next week for $650. But, don’t you just feel the need to play tonight? Why wait just to save $2000?

I know that it appears that I’m trying to rip you off for your stupidity. But, I’m a poor college student and waited out in the freezing snow in Austin, TX for two weeks because I don’t have a life. I had to eat bugs from the Best Buy parking lot just to survive. I fought off packs of wild dogs, street gangs and other homeless people. I have the scars to prove it. I pawned my grandmother’s wedding ring and false teeth so I could buy it. I need to get her ring and teeth out of the pawn shop as soon as possible. She is starting to get hungry and I don’t want her to find out that I switched her wedding ring for a cigar ring. Call me at 1-800- I AM A DUMB ASS. I will give you my home address so you and your buddies can come over, beat me up and steal my Playstation 3.

Pretty much every post where people state PS3s are available at local stores, or that scalpers are evil, is being flagged (probably by these very same scalpers looking to protect their "investment"). Funny to watch what is taking place.

..Al

Pretty much every post where people state PS3s are available at local stores, or that scalpers are evil, is being flagged (probably by these very same scalpers looking to protect their "investment"). Funny to watch what is taking place.

It looks like the scalpers are getting a bit pissed at these posts:

RE: LAST PLAYSTION-3 ON EARTH - $2650 FIRM

just FYI,

they aren't sending anymore playstations to the stores until march.

you obviously are a loser that can't afford a playstation

even if it was retail at the store and everyone knows it.

you must feel like you have to prove a point or something...

i think you are compensating for your tiny little dick.

aawwww.... do you feel better now?

No more PS3s until March? Yeah, right. Talk about taking information about releases and twisting it around into a bald-faced lie.

Edit: I get a kick out of this scalper.

Hello I have a brand new Blue-Ray Player for $750.00. I do not have an HMDI inputs on my receiver so I can not use it. The Blue-Ray Player also plays Video Games.

As you can imagine, there's a photo of the PS3 below the text. Bonus points for creativity, I guess. :lol:

Edited by jbanes

Yeah, there's some pretty funny stuff going on--it only takes minutes before posts are being removed. I'm surprised this one hasn't been flagged yet (only a matter of time):

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/252515914.html

PS3s available local Austin stores (repost, thanks greedy flaggers)

I've seen several PS3s available for sale at local Austin stores. Call around.

If you're flagging this because you're a greedy sap who bought a PS3 hoping to resell it for great profit, you are a loser and a wart on society.

Anyone can flag posts.. I would not cry if some people flagged some of the PS3 / Wii posts in here:

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/

..Al

I think it's great that all those jerks are getting stuck with PS3's. I know a guy that works at a game store near Cleveland. He used other people's names to get 3 launch consoles so he could resell them for a huge mark-up. As of last week he still had all 3. :lol:

I still think Sony should have conducted their own auction on-line for the first 20k units with the profits going to some charities. People could have paid whatever they want and the extra cash would have gone to some needy people instead of the lazy jobless bums that stood outside for 3 days. Just a thought.

Glad to see the scalpers are getting hit hard--maybe for the next system launch we'll see a bit less of this.

I could only hope so, but I doubt it given people in general. :|

The problem this time around was the intense level of scalping, and every jerkoff with more free time than brains thinking this was their get rich ship coming in.

If someone wanted to reserve one for themselves somehow and then resell it, so be it - I'm not going to fault that. But the problem this time around was all the assholes clogging up the retail launches, and then - and this is the worst - continually scalping store resupplies. I hope they all take it severely in the rear.

haha, good for the bastards. Maybe they will get a real job and move out of the trailer park next!

The trouble is these are the type of people who don't want a real job. They will sit around and complain because all the available jobs pay them less than what they're worth. Then they'll go on to the next "get rich quick" scheme.

You know, we had to sell our PS3 due to some things that are now commonly known. If we could have gotten 1K for it we would have because we needed the money, not because we wanted to "scalp" people. We sold it to someone we knew for what we paid and it went to a wonderful home ***but*** that wasn't the plan once crap went down. We had hoped to make a few hundred extra because that's a bill payment that we didn't suddenly have cash for. When we bought it our finances were still OK, not great but OK and we paid in full at the time. I am sure that we aren't the only ones that were hit with a more difficult monetary situation then planned. Shit happens. And no while a couple hundred wouldn't have made us rich we don't get "a welfare check". :|

Sure that may not account for the majority of resellers but who cares really? Is anyone commenting personally hurting because of this right now?

If someone want to pay that price then that's their choice. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. When the system was released in Japan stores made their own prices *I believe* so what.

And if people are willing to pay then someone will sell it, that's the nature of supply and demand and the open market.

I'm with Chicky.

I sold my PS3 and used the cash to help pay for my Wii and a bunch of games.

Free Wii for me is good.

The fact that someone was willing to over-pay for a PS3 to buy me a Wii doesnt bother me in the least.

I'll pick up another PS3 when they go down in price a couple hundred dollars and are all over the place.

Sure that may not account for the majority of resellers but who cares really? Is anyone commenting personally hurting because of this right now?

Of course they're personally hurting!

They're ENTITLED to their games, and the scalpers are violating their rights!111

If someone want to pay that price then that's their choice. No one is forcing anyone to do anything.

And I'm glad to see the insanity died down so rapidly on the PS3.

I think it was insane, but I can't fault anyone trying to make a buck off of Sony's inability to design a product they can manufacture, insistence on hyping said product as hard as possible anyways, and retailers being locked into an artificially low "suggested" retail price by some contract SCEA made them sign.

When the system was released in Japan stores made their own prices *I believe* so what.

Some did. They basically slit the tape on the box and sold them as "used" PS3s for a grand or so.

They actually had "USED PS3!" signs up in the windows on launch day. It would've made GameStop proud. :)

And if people are willing to pay then someone will sell it, that's the nature of supply and demand and the open market.

Yup.

Me, I'm waiting for the "suggested" retail price to fall. 600 is too much for a game machine. A grand or more is just absurd.

You know, we had to sell our PS3 due to some things that are now commonly known. If we could have gotten 1K for it we would have because we needed the money, not because we wanted to "scalp" people. We sold it to someone we knew for what we paid and it went to a wonderful home ***but*** that wasn't the plan once crap went down. We had hoped to make a few hundred extra because that's a bill payment that we didn't suddenly have cash for. When we bought it our finances were still OK, not great but OK and we paid in full at the time. I am sure that we aren't the only ones that were hit with a more difficult monetary situation then planned. Shit happens. And no while a couple hundred wouldn't have made us rich we don't get "a welfare check". :|

If someone want to pay that price then that's their choice. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. When the system was released in Japan stores made their own prices *I believe* so what.

Anna NOBODY and I mean NOBODY here is going to begrudge you guys selling your PS3, and honestly I wish you had gotten double the money back for it. See in your case you guys are gamers, and I know you would have kept it if you could afford to, but circumstances didn't allow it. I think when people say "scalpers" they mean someone with the SOLE intention of buying it to resell it, who never would have kept it or played it a single day in their whole lives. Personally I'd like to see some of those resellers give up on it because they're glutting the market and cutting the retail supply short and then everybody would benefit - those who want one in their local area could get one and the sellers who are forced to unload theirs could get a fair price because there's not an overabundance of them online. Win/win. I'd also like to see some resellers who realize they aren't going to make a profit actually open it up and play it - overpriced or not it's a fun system.

I've seen a PS3 at almost every Best Buy/Target shopping trip over the last two weeks and have heard many reports of the same. No Wii sightings at all though. I don't even hear anyone talk about the PS3, people either want a Wii or 360, about 75% wanting a 360.

I still haven't found a PS3 in my area but I know it won't be too much longer. :)

It's funny how people don't even try to hide their personal bias anymore. Everything is just stated as facts when the only fact is their statements come 100% out of their a**. :lol: