IGNORED

Is this for real?

lowscore

I don't see it as he has any point at all.

The first seller states that his items are rare and one of a kind the second seller states none of that and leaves it up to the buyer to decide if thats the case.

:?:

Where does the first seller state that about his items? Both are equally vague as far as I could see... One just actually has a description.

The first seller states that his items are rare and one of a kind the second seller states none of that and leaves it up to the buyer to decide if thats the case.

Where does the first seller state that about his items? Both are equally vague as far as I could see... One just actually has a description.

Atari 5200 Xari Arena Cartridge Extremely Rare

Allan

WTF is the difference? NEITHER state what they really are.

AND? SO?

So one uses the word "rare" and the other doesn't. Why is it deception for one and not the other?

Whether or not you agree or disagree with them selling repros/prototypes on Ebay, BOTH are doing virtually the same thing. The point I 100% totally agree with is that it is totally hypocritical how this community chastises one seller and not the other. It's the really one thing I can't stand here at AA. Why is ok for some sellers to use the community solely to make a buck and not another?

Don't get me wrong, there are some that sell stuff for profit but give back to the community way more than they make. But for the most part we have way too many profiteers here who are given a pat on the back for flipping Atari stuff on Ebay, selling stuff for outrageous prices, gouging on shipping, etc...hell even using AA as thier online billboard, yet soneone who isn't in the "clique" is ran out of town. Right or wrong it is very two faced imo.

Edited by jetset

Get yourself a USB 128-in-1 cart from Classics (the first guy who responded to you in this thread)... and you can have both of these games on the real hardware, for nothing more than the time it takes to download the rom image... the same ROM image this eBay seller used to burn these repros with.

As well as 125 other ROM images of your choosing.

Abolutely! I have mine and its works awesome. Colecovision too! The only game I cant get to work is Bounty Bob but thats because of some technical thingy Im uneducated about but it plays like the real thing.If you need help once you get it, let me know. Its fairly simple. I may even be able to just send you my ROM file folders to make it real easy for you. Goodlcuk with it! Steves stuff is the bomb! :)

Edited by Phantom

WTF is the difference? NEITHER state what they really are.

AND? SO?

So one uses the word "rare" and the other doesn't. Why is it deception for one and not the other?

Whether or not you agree or disagree with them selling repros/prototypes on Ebay, BOTH are doing virtually the same thing. The point I 100% totally agree with is that it is totally hypocritical how this community chastises one seller and not the other. It's the really one thing I can't stand here at AA. Why is ok for some sellers to use the community solely to make a buck and not another?

Don't get me wrong, there are some that sell stuff for profit but give back to the community way more than they make. But for the most part we have way too many profiteers here who are given a pat on the back for flipping Atari stuff on Ebay, selling stuff for outrageous prices, gouging on shipping, etc...hell even using AA as thier online billboard, yet soneone who isn't in the "clique" is ran out of town. Right or wrong it is very two faced imo.

I tend to agree with you Jet,bet you never thought youd hear that lol! Anyhow, what i see most of the time is Posts that just dont get much attention when its an obvious re-seller that only posts here for sales. I personally tend to only deal with peope that do more than use this as a storefront. I think most do too. I think everyone usually lets those posts just sit there without responses even if they get many looks. Maybe Im wrong. Cheers

i dont really like some of the AAers here who basically just get a membership here just to pimp their sales. i mean.....cmon be part of the community also....geez. being an AA member doesn't help your credibility unless we actually see you post in more than two forums.....those being Auction Central and Marketplace.

Abolutely! I have mine and its works awesome. Colecovision too! The only game I cant get to work is Bounty Bob but thats because of some technical thingy Im uneducated about but it plays like the real thing.If you need help once you get it, let me know. Its fairly simple. I may even be able to just send you my ROM file folders to make it real easy for you. Goodlcuk with it! Steves stuff is the bomb! :)

Thanks Phantom! I am not the most skilled technically, so your offer of help is appreciated. I am really excited to get that cart. I just used the tin foil trick and got my controller working pretty good too, while I wait for my rebuilding parts. Steve seems like a real straight shooter.

Edited by lowscore

Yep. It's me the "Lurker" just had a question about these ebay auctions... since I'm a prick and quite rude about it. I also noticed that this seller happenes to be an Atariage member as well. Hmmm. I see that in his auctions nowhere does it mention that these are prototypes, reproductions, reprints, or reissues. So is he taking advantage of people or is this just a huge hypocrisy? Thanks again for your time

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-5200-THE-LAST-ST...1QQcmdZViewItem

or how about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-5200-JR-PAC-MAN_...1QQcmdZViewItem

or this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-5200-SATANS-HOLL...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is one of the reasons I stopped doing 5200 conversions. I dont mine someone charging maybe $20 to make someone a copy with label, but when the people started making $30-$90 on ebay I figured I would stop lining other people's pockets. So far I have made 0 cents on conversions. Next on the list potentially would have been converting the 16K cassette version of Encounter, and updating Preppie to be Preppie and Preppie 2, and probably a few more magazine conversions. I suppose it's possible the people selling them may have done some conversions themselves, but I doubt it.

My 2 0 cents,

Ken

Edited by kenfused

man, now I'm gonna cry.. lol Preppie had some real impressive music and game play..

Me as well. To be clear about my earlier post, members like Kenfused is one of the good guys who does his thing to give back to the community. To me it's really sad when a guy like this busts his hump doing conversions and "from scratch" games, then has to sit back and watch others profit from his work.

The day I fired up Donkey Kong via my A52 Maxicart on my 5200 ranks up there at the top of my Atari memories list. :thumbsup:

-Rare "one of a kind" does kind of imply it's an original prototype to someone who doesn't know any better. I think a lot of people know it's a repro and still bid anyways just because they don't know where to get them. Before I knew about Hozer I almost bid like $70 on a Pepsi Invaders repro, I knew what it was, I just thought it looked cool. Now that I know what a repro is worth I would never pay that much.

man, now I'm gonna cry.. lol Preppie had some real impressive music and game play..

Say 'Electrician' and I'd prob wet myself.

I think there is a conversion of preppie around on the net already IIRC. I fI find it I'll post it.

Yea I did preppie quite a while ago. But both preppie and preppie ii are 16K each which I think just screams for a 32K multicart.

Preppie was also one of the harder conversion IIRC, in that it used pokey interrupts and stuff other games don't use.

Donkey Kong was probably the easiest (but was the hardest to hack in the # and * characters on the selection screen.

Making Gorf Digitial Stick version was one of the strangest since it only originally used 8K ROM and kind of decompresses itself into RAM.

If you click on the link of completed sales that classics posted in the second post of this thread and then click on the Final Legacy cart that sold for $120 you can see where he says it was a Rare and One of a kind find

Edited by Crazy Climber

If you click on the link of completed sales that classics posted in the second post of this thread and then click on the Final Legacy cart that sold for $120 you can see where he says it was a Rare and One of a kind find

Ah that's why I was in the dark. You have to sign up/log in to ebay to see completed sales which I have no intention of doing since almost everything I see on ebay either requires paypal (I don't have) or ships only to the US (Which I'm outside of.) ;)

i know shawn is good to go to for repros......but is hozer still around?

i think i read somewhere that they weren't.

Yep. He is. I've had him make me some repros in the past, not very long ago in fact. He has a (new) website as well.

EDIT: as for thw multicart, you could just use a 3 pin dip switch and even reroute that to an up\down swtich for preppie 1 or 2.

Well I would probably do a custom menu, like I did for the cosmi one.

Both games probably leave enough free bytes for a menu in 32K cart.

I'm sorry if my bullet points for selling my games were construed as misleading. As I told the 2 people who complained that was not my intention. Hell, every item on Ebay is "Rare" I see rare Pac man carts every day. Should we report them as well? I have 50 "Rare" pacman carts myself. I never bid against myself to pump up the auctions. The reason I used 3 day auctions was not to "Slip in under the radar" but to hurry up and sell the item. Nobody bids on the damned thing for the first few days anyways. Hell, Final legacy stayed at 15.00 until the last 10 minutes. and if someone wants to pay $120 for something then by God I'm willing to sell it to them. I shouldn't have to explain anything to any of you anyways. I could see if I was running off Meteorites carts and selling them as originals. Or putting games on my real Atari prototype boards and selling them for $300 or more dollars as certain members of this community have done. I will never use the word RARE ever again.

Edited by Puerto_Rican_Gamer_5200

I don't think using the word "rare" is as big of a deal as using "one of a kind" but I've already posted too much about this and I don't want to arguee with you, to be honest It doesn't really bother me because I didn't bid on any of them nor do I intend on it. I know what they are and I think most people do, I don't see a problem calling them Rare but "one of a kind" is kind of stretching it if you ask me :)