IGNORED

Various questions I need solved?

PressureCooker2600

1. When Activision bought out Imagic, they only re-released Atlantis, Cosmic Ark, and Demon Attack, right? What did the boxes look like....were they Activision or Imagic boxes? Did Activision keep the rights to all the Imagic games and do they still own the rights?

2. Anyone have a box scan of the Atari re-release of Dark Cavern.....under it's INTV name Night Stalker?

3. Some of my Activision boxes (Ice Hockey, Grand Prix) have a number in a circle imprinted on the top of the box opening. Anyone else have that and does anyone know where they are from.....factory stamp or what?

4. This is a Colecovision question....which controller (Original, Wico, Super Action,etc.) do ya'll think is the best and is the least prone to breaking down?

Anyone have a box scan of the Atari re-release of Dark Cavern.....under it's INTV name Night Stalker?

I think Tele-Games was the only company to re-release Dark Cavern and, if I remember correctly, they did use the name Night Stalker. I have never heard of an Atari release of the game, but I'm sure there are a lot of things I have never heard of.

1. When Activision bought out Imagic, they only re-released Atlantis, Cosmic Ark, and Demon Attack, right? What did the boxes look like....were they Activision or Imagic boxes? Did Activision keep the rights to all the Imagic games and do they still own the rights?

Activision rereleased Moonsweeper instead of Cosmic Ark. The boxes were black, and the carts had blue labels with white texts. :) Here's a box:

http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?Soft...p;BoxStyleID=15

3. Some of my Activision boxes (Ice Hockey, Grand Prix) have a number in a circle imprinted on the top of the box opening. Anyone else have that and does anyone know where they are from.....factory stamp or what?

I don't know about the date stamping, but I do know the boxes with a barcode on the bottom are much more likely to contain a blue labeled late release cart.

Activisionboxeswithbarcode.jpg

so the re-releases of the imagic games, activision kept the imagic name on it....and the activision name isn't mention anywhere (on the box, at least)....am i correct on this now?

I believe Activision put their name on the screen where it had said Imagic before. Try downloading the roms here and take a look, but don't just look at the pictured screenshots on the site as they say Imagic. I sure when Rom sees this he'll fix it. I just noticed now myself.

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft.php?MEN...&VISU=TABLE

Well I'm confused. I thought the other link was them. I did find them under Activision (USA) with the right screenshots. The carts have different serial numbers (AIX-010) and (IX-010-04), but do they have the same rom? Do they both come in the same box and have basically the same label? Here's some screenshots I made before I found the other ones, lol.

AtlantisActivision.jpgDemonAttackActivision.jpg

MoonsweeperActivision.jpg

Edited by Omegamatrix

Well I'm confused. I thought the other link was them. I did find them under Activision (USA) with the right screenshots. The carts have different serial numbers (AIX-010) and (IX-010-04), but do they have the same rom? Do they both come in the same box and have basically the same label? Here's some screenshots I made before I found the other ones, lol.
Yes, I made double entries for these three titles, but AFAIK they're exactly the same.

Does anyone have a blue labeled Atlantis, Demon Attack or Moonsweeper with the Imagic logo on screen?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Yes, I made double entries for these three titles, but AFAIK they're exactly the same.

Does anyone have a blue labeled Atlantis, Demon Attack or Moonsweeper with the Imagic logo on screen?

8)

I have 2 blue labeled Atlantis carts with the Imagic logo on the screen, but both carts have the Imagic logo on the cart as well. Are you trying to find out if there are blue Activision logo carts with Imagic screen logos? I've never seen a blue Activision cart with those titles. I hope this post wasn't a waste of your time. :sad:

Edited by Deteacher

8)

I have 2 blue labeled Atlantis carts with the Imagic logo on the screen, but both carts have the Imagic logo on the cart as well. Are you trying to find out if there are blue Activision logo carts with Imagic screen logos? I've never seen a blue Activision cart with those titles. I hope this post wasn't a waste of your time. :sad:

what does the serial number in the bottom right corner of the cart read? Could you post a picture? :)

All three blue label titles I own are like that. Plus, another Demon Attack in my trade box.

I'm confused though. The listings indicate AIX & AIZ serial numbers, but the cart scans are of carts with IX & IZ serial numbers.

Are there blue label carts that carry AIX & AIZ serial numbers? If so, do they have Activision or Imagic logos on screen?

It would appear then that the serial numbers on the carts only come in the IX/IZ format. Is this correct?
I think you're right.

Comes the big question:

Where do these ROMs with the Activision logo on screen come from?

To which label type did they belong?

The Activision ROMs of Atlantis and Demon Attack were dumped in 1998.

The Moonsweeper ROM is from 2003 (Flashback ROM).

I'll change my question:

Does anyone have a blue labeled Atlantis, Demon Attack or Moonsweeper with the Acrtivision logo on screen?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter