IGNORED

Yankeemania Shipped - ROM added

Red 5

post-5270-1174656072_thumb.jpgpost-5270-1174656108_thumb.jpgpost-5270-1174656133_thumb.jpgpost-5270-1174656184_thumb.jpg

$25.00 each

$2.50 shipping to US

First 5 PM's get them.

As some of you know, I am a die hard Yankee fan.

For some fun, I hacked Megamania into a Yankee vs. Red Sox shooter.

I loaded it onto my Krok Kart when some friends were over, they played it for hours and begged for a copy of their own.

So with some help from my graphic artist friend for the label and Shawn Sr. making the carts, I got a happy stack of Yankeemania games!

There are only 5 for sale as this was only done for fun and not profit.

A 6th cart will be a prize for the winner of the AtariAge Fantasy Baseball game this year.

There are only 10 of these, and there will never be more than 10 of them.

Like I said, this was just done for fun for myself and a couple of friends.

After these are sold, I will post the ROM if people are interested.

BONUS !

I will randomly give away one ticket to Game 1 to the 2006 World Series at Yankee Stadium. (A game that never happened.) After the 5 games are sold, I will simply assign a number (1-5) to all buyers. I will roll a die and give the ticket to whoever's number comes up. (Obviously if it’s 6, I will roll again.) If they do not all sell by April 1st, I will still randomly select someone from those who did buy.

I am a season ticket holder and as soon as the Yankees make the playoffs I get tickets to each round, if they make it or not. It’s a fun conversation piece and just an added bonus.

Warning:

If you are a Red Sox fan, this game may not be for you. :P

The manual does have actual instructions, but is mostly a joke. Mostly pictures of things to make Yankee fans laugh and piss Red Sox fans off. (i.e. Bucky Dent, Bill Buckner, Wade Boggs on a horse, Aaron Boone, etc.) The manual is just printed on a color laser printer on regular paper. Don’t get too excited.

Later this summer I have one final Yankees vs. Red Sox game and then I retire from making hacks. So save your money now to complete your Yankees Atari collection !

Edited by therealred5

Ooh - what a fitting game - you always die in the end in Megamania. Just like the 21st century Yankees - they look great until the end, where they lose their way in the playoffs. A game where you start with 3 lives and lose - what a brilliant way to celebrate the first team in baseball history to lose a best-of-seven series after leading 3-0!

;)

I think the 3 represents the 3 game lead the Yankees had over the Red Sox in the 2004 AL championship. Just like in the games, you'll eventually lose.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!

Hey ! It's my game ! I know what the three stands for !

It stands for Babe Ruth's number.

It stands for three B's... Buckner, Bucky, Boone

It stands for my three favorite Red Sox... Damon, Boggs and Clemens.

It stands for what place the Red Sox finished in last year.

And it stands for how many games the Yankees won in a row at Fenway last year to eliminate the Red Sox... oh ... no wait... that was 5... nevermind....

:D

I could do this all day !

(I knew Red Sox fans would have a problem with this game... wait until they see part two... oh brother...) :P

Ooh - what a fitting game - you always die in the end in Megamania. Just like the 21st century Yankees - they look great until the end, where they lose their way in the playoffs. A game where you start with 3 lives and lose - what a brilliant way to celebrate the first team in baseball history to lose a best-of-seven series after leading 3-0!

;)

If it were true to life though the computer would only win the game once every 86 years. :P :P :P

PM on the way.

All gone.

Thanks everyone !

#1 headfamily

#2 FABombjoy

#3 Phitter

#4 EricDeLee

#5 Jetset

I will roll the old dice when I get home and post here who won the bonus World Series Ticket.

-Steve

Great looking cart and game guys.

The idea behind it is hilarious and awesome at the same time. Even though I'm a Cardinals fan, I would have gotten this cause I hate the Red Sox and I HATE BOSTON.

Kudos to everyone for making this cool looking one-of-a-kind cart.

DAMN YOU JETSET!!! Aren't you supposed to be at work, not reading the AA forums?!?! Oh that's right - you go home for lunch. I think I'm a much more die-hard, deserving Yankee fan (hailing from just 60 miles west of the Bronx originally), but congrats on beating me to this one anyways... :P

By the way Jet - you haven't responded to my e-mail. Did you get it?

Back to the topic at hand. I *SO* would've loved one of these. I can't believe I missed it by a half-hour!!! Argh!!! Can't you make a 6th one? Please?? In honor of Tony Lazzeri??? :D

--Timster--

Please count me in for a copy of the forthcoming "Yankee Invaders," aka "Sox Win!"

I don't have a problem with the game--I just want the better version :P

To be released in 2090 ?

(for those slow with math, that's 2004 + 86)

I am waiting to get all the payments before picking the winner of the ticket.

Don't want any controversy.

Thanks again to all who bought this.

In retrospect, perhaps we should have made more copies.

As I said earlier there will be one more Yankees vs. Red Sox cart coming later this season.

(Then I am done making Yankee hacks... or any hacks for that matter. This was purely for the fun of it.)

Anyway, perhaps I will make more copies of those.

Edited by therealred5

i'll take 1 if you do make more copies

There won't be any more copies of this game.

I apologize.

I am making one more Yankee hack this summer.

It is a little more... controversial?

I will be making more than 10 of those.

Probably 20 or so.

Then that's it for me and hacks.

It was fun, but I don't think we should be flooding the market with hacks.

A few every now and then is fun though, and I had fun doing it and am happy it was warmly received.

Thanks again to Shawn Sr. He's a great guy and a lot of fun to work with.