IGNORED

Grundle vs Rhindle

Krytol

Thats really funny!

You should change the label to reflect that they are playing for the block :)

Yeah, I guess that makes sense!

Also, I wish I had the skills to have the "pick object up" sound from Adventure when you get the ball/block, and the "drop object" sound when you shoot.

Thats really funny!

You should change the label to reflect that they are playing for the block :)

Yeah, I guess that makes sense!

Also, I wish I had the skills to have the "pick object up" sound from Adventure when you get the ball/block, and the "drop object" sound when you shoot.

Krytol, I want to say your idea for this hack is just wondeful. Simple, yet full of imagination! :thumbsup:

Now getting to the subject of the label you did (which spells out your idea so nicely), I noticed you're being told by other people, who I'm sure mean well, that you should turn the ball into a square. Well... hmm (how should I say this?) Okay. In spite that it may make sense to you and to others, the fact remains that it really does'nt and I'd advise keeping the basketball in there becase that's what the design is suppose to portray. It's the only clue that reveals the type of sport the dragons are playing in their imaginations. The b-ball in the middle represents the entire subject (it's a basketball game) and is perfectly framed by the dragons surrounding the ball while giving it a whole new theme. I tell you, it's a compelling design and a great lure as it is.

Please understand I'm not putting anyone down but generaly speaking, people who don't understand why an illustration works tend to think that they can improve what's already flawless and unknowingly destroy it's essence. As an illustrator/cartoonist, I can spot a well done concept. Think about it --if you replace the b-ball now with the square, you will lose the entire subject and reduce the picture to just a couple of dragons juggling a box with no foundation of what it's all about. Besides, the ball already look like a square in the actual game itself and that's the novelty, the transition that the ball is really the square hero in what I believe to be the best 'adventure spoof' in a sporting event! There's NOTHING to fix on the present label in the realm of concept. Please don't ruin it!

I wonder if these two could star in Boxing.

Seeing as they don't have arms they'd have to peck each other to death with their snouts. That would be hilarious- especially it the sprites were animated to have them lean forward slightly when pecking.

In the meantime, here's my 30 second hack wherein the goal is to get Rhindle to the stadium:Rhindle_in_Chicago.bin

Edited by yorgle

• 1 year later...
The chalice should be the net for the backboard instead of the bridge. ;)

Someone so needs to take this to the next level it's not even funny.

Um, that's what she said?

Got nothing.

/But yeah, something about knights and chess and racquetball and, eh bridges.