IGNORED

Spectravideo Compumate.

ATARIPITBULL

I just received my new Compumate and found this ad in an old Video game magazine and was wondering if anyone here has every used theres for programing, music, or drawing and if so, what did you make? and did you put them on cassettee tapes like it say's?.

:love: :ponder: :?:

post-88-1180904666_thumb.jpg

post-88-1180904688_thumb.jpg

I've got mine on the way, can't wait, it looks cool :)

We should start a group called the "Compumate Club" and together we can crack cold cases and unexplained mysteries using our Compumates.

Seriously though, we could start a thread showing all the cool things we do with them (pictures, music, etc..) or something?

• Like 1

I was going to ask the same question. I would love to get one.

Where you guys pick Compumates at? Ebay? well where ever you got them it should be fun messing around with them.Lets us all know when you get them and maybe a few screen shots with it in action. :)

Someone was trying to sell his for over $400.00 on ebay but as far as I know, no one bought it, I got my copy for about $200.00 from a seller in Venezuela and it took about a month to get to me.

:ponder: :ponder: :)

Edited by ATARIPITBULL

Someone was trying to sell his for over $400.00 on ebay but as far as I know, no one bought it, I got my copy for about $200.00 from a seller in Venezuela and it took about a month to get to me.

:o :o :o

What software do you use it on? does it come with it?

Did anyone ascertain if the programs on the back were ever released? I ask for I know very little about the system despite wanting one when it first came out. In various magazines at the time they all talked about a range of games and utilities that never came out. First time I saw pics of them ;)

:o :o :o

What software do you use it on? does it come with it?

I will be getting into it this Friday after my classes are done for the summer and I will let you know what I have found what can be done with it.

:) :) :cool:

I got my Compumate from Mabb96 about a week ago........I really don't think he has many left the way it sounded.......so all the guys waiting for the price to drop ridiculously may be dissapointed....so just a little warning!

Edited by Atarimania75

Gonna have to get me one, been wanting one of these since the crazy 2600 add-on bonanza! :lust: :D

I wonder how many of those computer expansions actually worked as advertised.

Those screenshots in the mag all have nice 40 column displays, but the TIA isn't capable of that (not in any useful way anyway). The Compumate fits about 18 characters or something silly like that on its screen.

To get 40 column output you'd need to actually have a completely seperate frame buffer in the expansion... so what exactly would the Atari itself be used for?

Does anyone own any of those prototype 'computer add-ons'?

(I wonder how easily I could hack my own Compumate to use more RAM.... Hmm....)

from Jugo Chavez himself, for shame.

Just as not all Americans want to be associated with our president I doubt all Venezuelans would like to be associated with theirs. Shouldn't you be trolling in the Modern games forums?

Edited by bones

from Jugo Chavez himself, for shame.

Hi there Atari5200,

Just for your information, his name is HUGO CHAVEZ; Jugo means juice :P

Taking the same word you used, you have no idea just how ashame it is for many of us to have such a monstrous thing be our President, BUT do bare in mind thouhg that I am proud to be what I am: An open-minded, democratic, hard-working, honest VENEZUELAN ! Most Venezuelan are like I just mentioned :)

JUGO, as you called him, is NOT even the least of the WORST EXAMPLE of how we actually are ;) He is just an unfortunate result of our history :sad:

God bless our country; VENEZUELA

mabb96 :cool:

PS You can take everything from a person, but losing faith, or letting go of it, is actually the true aweful end ;-) ; No one will ever take away my faith

• 2 weeks later...
Seriously though, we could start a thread showing all the cool things we do with them (pictures, music, etc..) or something?

That would be neat :)

Can't believe I actually have one of these after all these years. :cool: Those scans above BTW are taken from mags I bought as a kid at that time.

It's really quite a neat unit, if I ever get the time I'll write a horrible game for it! :lol: