IGNORED

Activision Originals!

Charlie Cat

Hi Guys:

I have a question to ask. Remember the four original programmers that started Activision Which were Larry Kaplan, Alan Miller, Bob Whitehead and David Crane?? Whatever happen to them after they created Activision and what have they all been doing lately.

Anthony...

I think I asked a similar question more than a year ago whilst researching for an Activision articles. Crane, Gary Kitchen and Miller all work at Skyworks now. Kaplan and Whitehead are in semi retirement doing other stuff I believe.

David Crane is the Chuck Norris of 2600 programming.

- David Crane programs advanced kernels in his sleep.

- Without David Crane, Atari 2600 would have been a Virtual Boy.

- David Crane doesn't have beta testers. Everything comes out perfect.

- David Crane doesn't feed his blob jellybeans on Easter. He feeds him live rabbits.

- David Crane speaks in binary.

- When God can't figure it out, he turns to David Crane.

Damn, David Crane needs to try contact lenses. Those heavy minus lenses aren't doing him any favours. That or some real high index, 1.74 or 1.9 glass.

You can tell what I do for a living :)

Although the Iraqis are using PlayStation 1 parts for missiles, David Crane can just think a program up to shoot them down.

You don't have a virus in your computer, you have David Crane.

All the most popular video game high scores change to DPC when David Crane even thinks about playing.

You might drive a fast car, but David Crane can make an Atari 2600 drive a whole bunch of cars faster than yours.

When David Crane played Zelda for the first time, Link turned to face the screen and said, "You win automatically, David."

When Chuck Norris kicks somebody around, he turns to David Crane to make a replay on screen.

I heard that David Crane was going to make a karate game for the 2600 but canceled it. He canceled it because his play tester, Chuck Norris, couldn't get past even the first level.

Cloud Strife could have easily saved the world. When Sephiroth summoned Meteor, Cloud should have summoned David Crane.

David is a great guy. I saw a video of one of the recent CGEs and did notice that he has really put a lot of weight on since I interviewed him a decade ago. He's looking more like Keith Robinson from Blue Sky Rangers.

Hi Guys:

Its just like they say " Old legends never die. They just get chubby" :!:

Dunno, but I think one of them became a woman.

WTF?! :?:

Yes,thats true,i read an article about that! .It was indeed STEVE KITCHEN,cant remember if he's just a TRANSVESTITE,or went under the knife and got an actual SEX CHANGE.I was thinking it was a joke,apparently NOT!

Edited by Rik

Wait a minute....David Crane is a nerd? Wow, all my delusions about the late 70's "rock n' roll" programmer lifestyle just went straight out the window. Thanks a lot for bursting that bubble. :)

Yeah,right you are about the successful programmers of the 70's to 80's ROCK N ROLL lifestyle.They really did LIVE and WERE treated like ROCK STARS in those days,fascinating!..how things change,that is.They had company parties,full of high class hookers,lobster and fillet mignon,champagne dinners,drugs flowed like water.There are a few articles on the net about those days.Maybe not much has changed,i think that kind of lifestyle is for bigshot execs who run huge corporations nowadays,not so much game programmers.

Edited by Rik