IGNORED

Reversi Prototype Carts

chris_lynx1989

Does anyone have one of these in their collection??I'm not talking about Lynx Reloaded or Othello now,but a real Reversi Proto Lynx Beta game on an EPROM from the former Atari Corp.I do know a few of these were burned up for testing and possible WCES/SCES showing.I do know that four ("4") of these still existed up until 2003.I know the whereabouts of two ("2") of these proto carts (No.I won't name names to protect their privacy).I would just like to know what happened to the other two that exist

Edited by chris_lynx1989

Does anyone have one of these in their collection??I'm not talking about Lynx Reloaded or Othello now,but a real Reversi Proto Lynx Beta game on an EPROM from the former Atari Corp.I do know a few of these were burned up for testing and possible WCES/SCES showing.I do know that four ("4") of these still existed up until 2003.I know the whereabouts of two ("2") of these proto carts (No.I won't name names to protect their privacy).I would just like to know what happened to the other two that exist

Ooh, I know! I think that they're sitting in some collector's trophy room, gathering dust and not getting played. Said collector a) won't have a Lynx, or played one in years; b) is only marginally interested in the Lynx (or Atari at all, for that matter); c)will only show the EPROM to anyone who is in possession of EoTB, Rolling Thunder, or the fully playable beta of AvP ;) .

Seriously, this is the first that I've heard of the game.

I do know for a fact that the collector/play tester that has one of the 2 I've located has a rather complete game and all.Why?The one I got to see and play for myself has the once proposed game box and instruction book and also the play testing notes to the game.The thing was so close to being released that it has a box and instr. book with it!Neat,huh?It was neat to see and play for me!The game was actually going into production,I'm told and was called back and shelved at the last minute.Too bad!!