IGNORED

Outrageous asking price for a 2600 game

Foxsolo2000

I was on Ebay the other day looking at Atari games and I came across this below http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

This is just another example of what is wrong with the gaming world in general for no way on earth is this game worth the buy it now price that the seller was asking for ;)

I've seen people pay $50 for the Parker Brothers Frogger which is absolutely ridiculous. A game is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay, and I've seen some real doosies on Ebay. When someone does buy, its pretty good when you are on the selling end. ;)

8 INTO 1 by GENUS it`s so rare that Atari age and Atari guide DO NOT HAVE IT EVEN LISTED ON THERE SITES WOW SUPERB !

This doesn't mean anything.

AtariAge and AtariGuide are missing thousands of brazilian titles.

This guy clearly has no clue.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Since it's a pirate cart anyway you likely won't find it on AA.

Gotta love how he says that ATARI CENTIPEDE IS RARE AND COLLECTIBLE!

Looks like most of his other stuff is pretty reasonable, so maybe this was just a typo or something.

As a point of interest are Brazillian games PAL or NTSC?

Best regards,

Chris

Brazil uses the ***ULTRA RARE*** PAL-M standard which is actually a variant of NTSC (uses the same broadcast bandwidth, frame rate, and number of lines as NTSC, but uses PAL encoding). Their DVD's and games are NTSC.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

As a point of interest are Brazillian games PAL or NTSC?

Best regards,

Chris

Brazil uses the ***ULTRA RARE*** PAL-M standard which is actually a variant of NTSC (uses the same broadcast bandwidth, frame rate, and number of lines as NTSC, but uses PAL encoding). Their DVD's and games are NTSC.

Just beat me..this explains it.

I love when games that are super common like Pac-Man are listed for like .01 but the shipping is $9.99

It costs 87 cents to mail a loose card in a padded envelope.

Yeah, there are still people on eBay who fall for the .01 with outrageous shipping charge tactic, and plenty of dirtball sellers willing to shovel it out. Our friends at discountgames comes immediately to mind, though they aren't as bad on the shipping as others I've seen.

I do think your quoted shipping rate is a bit low. Cheapest USPS rate I've found is $.80 - but that's for a 1oz. package, and loose carts in bubble envelope certainly weight more than 1 oz. And in all fairness to sellers, it's not all about the actual shipping rate, as there are certainly materials involved as well (padded envelope, box, tape, peanuts, etc.) that all add up.

Edited by bytor

I love when games that are super common like Pac-Man are listed for like .01 but the shipping is $9.99

It costs 87 cents to mail a loose card in a padded envelope.

That's not the worst I ever encountered. One guy was selling Space invaders for 1p yet the postage was £25.00. I always thought it was a typo but who knows? ;)

He's closed the auction at 99p and relisted again at starting price of £14.99. He has at least made a list of the games on the cart after a fashion.

Its still overpriced at £14.99. ;)

For sure, I got a bit corp 4 - 1 for £5 with bobby, snailvs squirrel, mr postman & open sesame & that's mint. Only got is as I have none of those games yet.

He's closed the auction at 99p and relisted again at starting price of £14.99. He has at least made a list of the games on the cart after a fashion.

Its still overpriced at £14.99. ;)

For sure, I got a bit corp 4 - 1 for £5 with bobby, snailvs squirrel, mr postman & open sesame & that's mint. Only got is as I have none of those games yet.

If I'm seeing it right, the link in the original post goes to the Genus 8 in 1... a cart with 1 switch on one side and 2 on the other. Problem I see is, it's not an Atari cart, it's a Colecovision cart. And not an OLD Colecocart, but a case without the Coleco name on the back indented handle, meaning it's probably from Eduardo's source of Colecovision shells... a source that I don' thtink is that old. Eduardo, you got any further info on that? And, the other problem being, that even though Colecovision carts have similar dimensions (with the front half of the shell angled in on the short sides) and would fit into an Atari slot, it doesn't have the necessary pins to open the Atari cart dust cover. Just my observation. :)