IGNORED

I need help with the BLL dev kit please!

Chaos89-dot-com

I am working on a Lynx title for Rastersoft but I am unable to find a working binary rom image of the BLL loader.

I found one that is like 8k but after programming the eprom and inserting it in my lynx I get a messed up screen that randomly flashes bits and pieces of the "Insert Game" screen.

Does anyone have a WORKING copy of this rom image?

Does it have to be encrypted? I was hoping it was already encrypted if it's not.

Any help in this matter would be great!

John

Hello!

I am working on a Lynx title for Rastersoft but I am unable to find a working binary rom image of the BLL loader.

Use the one Bastian Schick provides in his BLL-archives bll020409.zip or bll991112.zip here:

http://www.monlynx.de/download/lynx/

But don't forget that you can find the BLL-loader also in several homebrews like ChampionshipRally, AlpineGames, SIMIS or LynxReloaded.

I found one that is like 8k but after programming the eprom and inserting it in my lynx I get a messed up screen that randomly flashes bits and pieces of the "Insert Game" screen.

Does anyone have a WORKING copy of this rom image?

Does it have to be encrypted? I was hoping it was already encrypted if it's not.

Which kind of cartridge-PCB do you use? Due to the strange Lynx-slot-bus the program-image needs to be laid out corresponding to the used PCB, the "standard" is the layout for 256 banks of 1024 bytes as for a 256 KB-Eprom (27c020).

Kind regards

Matthias

Yeah I tried the bll020409.zip

The bll loader was only like 8K.

I couldn't get that one to work.

Also I just ordered the Lynx Re-Loaded cart from Carl today.

The carts I tried were an original Atari eprom cart 1m/2m and a 4M/8M board. I also tried my B&C eprom board as well as semicolo's boards.

No success with any of them. But, I was using a 27c010 eprom.

I figured with it being only 8k I could use a 27c010. I didn't know about the layout of the lynx-bus-slot thingy!

I will try a 27c020 and see if that works.

Thanks buddy!

Hello!

Yeah I tried the bll020409.zip

The bll loader was only like 8K.

I couldn't get that one to work.

The 8 KByte-LYX-file contains all the necessary programdata, so you can let your Eprom-burning-software fill the rest of the Eprom.

Also I just ordered the Lynx Re-Loaded cart from Carl today.

OK.

The carts I tried were an original Atari eprom cart 1m/2m and a 4M/8M board. I also tried my B&C eprom board as well as semicolo's boards.

No success with any of them. But, I was using a 27c010 eprom.

I figured with it being only 8k I could use a 27c010. I didn't know about the layout of the lynx-bus-slot thingy!

I will try a 27c020 and see if that works.

Thanks buddy!

Unfortunately i don't have any information about the layout of the PCBs you mentioned.

I am using empty PCBs made by Lars Baumstark, they are the same as he used for the BLL-cartridges,

the layout (address-line-connections running from the slot to the Eprom-socket) is for 256*1024,

but this doesn't mean that you can use only 256 KiloByte = 27c020 chips, you can use

either smaller or bigger ones as long as the program you burn on them fits into them and is created properly.

So with one of these LarsBaumstark-PCBs your 27c010 should have worked with the LOADER.LYX.

Regards

Matthias

Here is a quite small Lynx image that includes th BLL uploader.

testflash.zip

The testflash.zip also allows you to examine the content of the cart and the content of the EEPROM.

To use the uploader you don't need to do anything. Just apply power to the Lynx and start uploading your application.

--

Karri

Here is a quite small Lynx image that includes th BLL uploader.

testflash.zip

The testflash.zip also allows you to examine the content of the cart and the content of the EEPROM.

To use the uploader you don't need to do anything. Just apply power to the Lynx and start uploading your application.

--

Karri

Thank you buddy! It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank the lord!

• 5 years later...

Karri,

Nice Atari logo at boot.

I've got your TESTFLASH.LYX image loading - logo, then menu. While it's sitting at the menu, it's ready to receive data over the COMLYNX from the PC - correct? What object is it expecting - a 'LYNX' emulator image, 'BS93' image, raw cart image, or ? I'm assuming that since the loader is by Bastian, the images should have 'BS93' headers. However, I don't get any change in the state of the Lynx after SEND_OBJ has finished.

I'm going to verify my COMLYNX cable in the meantime.

You can also add the uploader to any program by compiling it with lynx-uploader.cfg.

This will add an interruptor that listens to ComLynx traffic. But you need to set up the baudrates by yourself to make it usable.

For combinations of many features you need to edit the cfg file by yourself.

Your 32k unit is actually quite nice as most loadable games fit into this area.