IGNORED

Help Identify This Memory Board

Tempest

While digging through my ST stuff today I came across two of these boards:

falcon_memory.jpg

Given the copyright date on them, I'm guessing they're 4MB Falcon memory boards. However since I've never seen the inside of a Falcon before, I can't be sure. Also, how many memory slots does a Falcon have? Could I put two of these in one and get 8MB?

Tempest

51440 seems to be the code for 4x1 megabit RAM. Guessing the 80 means 80 ns latency.

http://atariki.krap.pl/index.php/CA401292

Try Google for that part number - CA401292 - a few pages turn up.

I'm fairly certain that is a 4 meg Falcon memory card. Only one spot, sorry

Edited by poobah

51440 seems to be the code for 4x1 megabit RAM. Guessing the 80 means 80 ns latency.

http://atariki.krap.pl/index.php/CA401292

Try Google for that part number - CA401292 - a few pages turn up.

I'm fairly certain that is a 4 meg Falcon memory card. Only one spot, sorry

That's what I said in effect.

8 chips, each one containing half a meg (1megabit, accessed 4 bits at a time)

I can confirm to you that this is a 4 MB ram card for the falcon. You can't mount two of them though on a falcon. Best is to get a 14 MB ram card from another source or bulid your own, if you are good with these kind of stuff.

Hmm... Can you modify the 4MB board for more memory or am I better off getting a separate board?

Tempest

I can confirm to you that this is a 4 MB ram card for the falcon. You can't mount two of them though on a falcon. Best is to get a 14 MB ram card from another source or bulid your own, if you are good with these kind of stuff.

Hmm... Can you modify the 4MB board for more memory or am I better off getting a separate board?

Tempest

No, I am not aware of any such modification. You will need to find a replacement board. Petr used to make them but I am not sure if he still does. You will need to contact him. Price was 40 Euros. Alternatively, schematics for an adapter can be found here under CTR 14. Hope this helps.

No, I am not aware of any such modification. You will need to find a replacement board. Petr used to make them but I am not sure if he still does. You will need to contact him. Price was 40 Euros.

Yes Petr still makes them. But he is also busy with his twins and his free time for making hardware is not as in the past. He is also working on PhantomS. I talked with him yesterday and he hopes the improovemets in design will be ready after Xmass

Edited by krupkaj

Yes Petr still makes them. But he is also busy with his twins and his free time for making hardware is not as in the past. He is also working on PhantomS. I talked with him yesterday and he hopes the improovemets in design will be ready after Xmass

Oh good news. I am looking forward to the phantomS.

No, I am not aware of any such modification. You will need to find a replacement board. Petr used to make them but I am not sure if he still does. You will need to contact him. Price was 40 Euros.

Cool! Last e-mail I got from Petr was a while ago and he told me that I was in, like, the top of his list. When I get it I'll let you guys know :)