IGNORED

matterhorn?

bigepc

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this. While cleaning out my old boxes came across this game Matterhorn by Tigervision for use with atari 400/600xl/800/800xl. Did a google search and could not find any information on this game. Is this a rare game or just one that is so common that no one talks about it. I can post a picture if that would help identify it. Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this. While cleaning out my old boxes came across this game Matterhorn by Tigervision for use with atari 400/600xl/800/800xl. Did a google search and could not find any information on this game. Is this a rare game or just one that is so common that no one talks about it. I can post a picture if that would help identify it. Thanks in advance.

This cart is extremely rare. Some people would sell their grandma to get it...

It's a 10! Link

I'll give you £10 for it :D

Thanks for the quick replies. I think I brought this at a goodwill store about 10 years ago. If I remember correctly i picked up a few other games they were about .99 cents each by looking through this site i identified the others. I also have a copy of Zaxxon by Sega says in the lists its an 8 for rarity. Any idea of the values of these games?

Can I ask where you are located?

Most of the known copies of Matterhorn were found in Germany, but IIRC two came from the US.

I believe that the last one sold for €250, and mine was about $264. You should remember that prices for 8-bit carts are very volatile, and you might get less for it, but I think that yours would be only the seventh one to be found. Please post a picture or two...

upon request pics . thanks for the replies I guess i need to set this up on ebay i dont really collect games anymore so i was going through these boxes so i could list them for sale. guess i found a valuable onepost-17086-1197157554_thumb.jpg

Hello and welcome to Atariage. Please post a link to your auctions when you have them set up as I am sure there a few collectors on here that would be more than happy to provide a good home to these rare games that you have found. Regarding the rarity of Zaxxon, Atarimania lists the Atari 8-bit (not to be confused with the 5200 version which is indeed somewhat rare) version of SEGA's Zaxxon cartridge as an R8 but I as I am sure many others have found that this cartridge is much more common than this. Fortunately for collectors, the price of Atari 8-bit computer games is generally determined quite heavily by demand regardless of actual/perceived rarity or ebay closings.

Can anyone confirm whether Matterhorn is actually a fun game to play? Unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure.

upon request pics . thanks for the replies I guess i need to set this up on ebay

Congrats on your find - that appears to be the real deal!

Atarimania lists the Atari 8-bit ... version of SEGA's Zaxxon cartridge as an R8 but I as I am sure many others have found that this cartridge is much more common than this.

It's important to remember that the rarity values we quote on Atarimania are for *complete* games. When did you last see a complete/boxed A8 Zaxxon cartridge for sale?

Can anyone confirm whether Matterhorn is actually a fun game to play? Unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure.

It's not bad, really. The ROM is available on Atarimania: http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...VERSION_ID=3265

It's got a good review in TeleMatch, I always wanted to buy it, but never seen it in the shops.

Callipygous posted a scan of the Telematch review a while ago, on this forum.

To date, no box or instruction manual has been found. They would be very cool items to find.

You know those TeleMatch were my gospel way back in the days. I used to read them over and over and I even phoned up Helge Anderson once (he had his phone number printed in the mag once).

My complete run (without the 'Special':

Telematch.jpg

You know those TeleMatch were my gospel way back in the days. I used to read them over and over and I even phoned up Helge Anderson once (he had his phone number printed in the mag once).

Hre's the link to the review that Callipygous posted: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...st&id=17210

The thread was about the third Matterhorn cart to surface; the one that I eventually bought: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41304

Like the example under discussion here, mine was found in the US, and has no end label.

It's great to read those old threads again, and it seems like Telematch was an impressive publication.

Hre's the link to the review that Callipygous posted: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...st&id=17210

The thread was about the third Matterhorn cart to surface; the one that I eventually bought: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41304

Like the example under discussion here, mine was found in the US, and has no end label.

It's great to read those old threads again, and it seems like Telematch was an impressive publication.

TeleMatch was excellent, but in all fairness, they took many articles from Electronic Games magazine and translated them. The USA influence was definitely a great plus for the magazine.

I also found a copy of HesWare Attack of the Mutant Camels the rarity guide says its a 9 is this one also really difficult to find?

Yes.

It's not nearly as rare as Matterhorn, but several serious collectors have never owned one. Do you just have the loose cartridge, or instructions/packaging?

Great finds!

• 1 month later...
[Can you get a clearer picture?

I prefer to make sure this isn't a reproduction and a better look at the label will help.

Ignore the person who told you to add a reproduced end lable.

Have you tested it/does it work?

Due to the interest in this game I did find a way to test it and it does work

I will be adding pictures to my post in the auction forum.

Edited by bigepc