IGNORED

Opcode Games is back!

Pixelboy

I'd like to get a copy of Road Fighter. I sent an e-mail to the Opcode e-mail address sometime last week, but no response. Are there any available?

I remember the e-mail you sent, and all I can say is that I promptly forwarded it to Eduardo. The ball is on his side of the court. Like he said a couple of posts above, he's been very busy.

Eduardo,

Since you seem to be a fan of MSX conversions, when are you going to port Mr Do!'s Wild Ride to the ColecoVision? ;)

Mr Do's Wild Ride has already been ported to the ColecoVision by Steve Begin. I was one of the very few who got to try it, and it played very well. Steve told me there were still some bugs to iron out, and that was roughly 16 months ago. Since then, Steve has lost interest in CV programming, so his port of Will Ride will probably never be released.

So that's three CV games that have a completion factor of over 90% that will never be released: Time Bandit's port of Gulkave, Bruce Tomlin's port of The Black Onyx, and Steve Begin's port of Mr Do's Wild Ride. I'm sure there are a few others too... :(

I'd like to get a copy of Road Fighter. I sent an e-mail to the Opcode e-mail address sometime last week, but no response. Are there any available?

I remember the e-mail you sent, and all I can say is that I promptly forwarded it to Eduardo. The ball is on his side of the court. Like he said a couple of posts above, he's been very busy.

Not a problem, I just wanted to make sure I was on the list if any were available.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to mention that a new blog entry has been added to our official web site. Among other things, it offers an update about why Eduardo hasn't been able to process any orders for Road Fighter or any other Opcode game lately.

There's also a new "Posters" section, which you can access from the sidebar of the web site. The posters look fantastic, and they're now just 8.50$US each! Order yours while supplies last! :)

Bruce Tomlin's port of The Black Onyx

Huh? As far as I'm concerned, it's complete. Lack of enhancements beyond the original does not make something "incomplete". And I uploaded the source code, so it's not like someone else can't work on it.

But you're not going to get a cart unless you make your own.

Eduardo,

Since you seem to be a fan of MSX conversions, when are you going to port Mr Do!'s Wild Ride to the ColecoVision? ;)

Mr Do's Wild Ride has already been ported to the ColecoVision by Steve Begin. I was one of the very few who got to try it, and it played very well. Steve told me there were still some bugs to iron out, and that was roughly 16 months ago. Since then, Steve has lost interest in CV programming, so his port of Will Ride will probably never be released.

If the project is that far along and he's lost interest, perhaps he's willing to turn the project over to someone else for completion? Seems like a total waste otherwise.

I also wouldn't mind seeing an MSX conversion of Circus Charlie (although I'm convinced the original CV port by Parker Brothers was nearly complete and is out there somewhere).

• 4 weeks later...