IGNORED

JAGUAR-HSC February-B Protector SE - 1,146,050

doctorclu

This contest ended March 1, 2008. While the top points are taken, this is now open to general play and maybe one day someone will beat the 778,800 score that was made during the contest! :D

Protector SE

-Standard difficulty

-All controllers accepted.

-Emulation accepted.

Those are the basics, Have fun!

Atardi - 1,146,050

Isgoed - 778,800

jeremiahjt - 304,750

Doctor Clu - 108,700

Otaku - 48,900

Dan Iacovelli - 30,750

RJ - (Participation point w/ Defender 2K)

Edited by kevincal

I guess I was allowed to play Defender 2K as I dont have Protector, so:

656,454 (no bonus rds) or

887,885 (w/ bonus rds)

I played w/ no bonus rounds as I'm unsure Protector has bonus rds, or anything similar (kinda easy way of scoring points).

I guess I was allowed to play Defender 2K as I dont have Protector, so:

656,454 (no bonus rds) or

887,885 (w/ bonus rds)

I played w/ no bonus rounds as I'm unsure Protector has bonus rds, or anything similar (kinda easy way of scoring points).

Sweet! Well, that lands you a point for this round at least. Better than nothing. Awesome score!

BuddyBuddies, look forward to seeing your score here. :)

I'm done with high score club. doc, it's too convoluted and cycling too quickly. You got multiple games being played in a 2 week time period, along with allowing substitutes to be used which makes no freaking sense whatsoever.

Don't get mad & quit. Suggest & give feedback.

Let me cover what you mentioned above...

Ultimately the Jaguar is a game system that most players have a limited library. There is not a cheap way of loading rom images. This will change in the future as it has with the other Atari game systems. For now, I am keeping this in mind.

Multiple games: This was something that I experimented with since some might have had Zoop (a common game) over the relatively new Protector SE. I don't plan on doing multiple games in the future. I got FEEDBACK that this was not preferred, so there we go.

2 week time frames: Is this too often for you? Or just the fact that there is multiple games in a two week time period. If the latter, you've already heard the future plans for multiple games.

Substitute games: A limited library and no quick way of loading roms, not to mention emulation being still sluggish, I made an allowance. A Substitute game of similar type. You cannot get maximum points, but then most of the time when you enter a contest is about that one participation point.

I work to keep people interested and keep them tuning in. And this is the hang out for Jaguar players. We might have an rare and expensive game one week that you don't have, but in the meantime you could play a different game, try your hand at Tempest (a common game), try the Bubsy Scavenger hunt, submit a score for a similar game (for one participation point), or if you have not played a game already featured, play that and get one point.

This is about participation, and a place to hang out for Jaguar fans. Kinda like a arcade.

Now what is this??

Extended?? What is this good for?

After listening to some people, decided to let the Jaguar High Score club competitions go for one month times. So that in mind, decided to let these two current ones be the February competition games.

Don't worry, I think your score is fairly safe. :) But if not, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I don't mind if my highscore gets beaten, that's what the HSC is about :)

It is just that I was amazed to see the "rules" change so very often.

Thanks for the patience. Every high score club has to feel out how things will work for their system. This started out being based on the 8-bit high score club, and based on input we have changed to fit in this first month of play. (We started in mid January).

So to all, thanks for the patience, I think the rules and setup will be gelling soon.

Edited by doctorclu

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm.. when you lose rapid fire, it is important to drag the humans to the ground after you free them, instead of letting them fall to the ground.

This way you will receive score, and power ups.

And with the UFO, use your shields, and keep firing until it is destroyed, or watch your radar and shoot the UFO while it is off screen, so it can't shoot you.

Nice to see that you achieved a better highscore :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm.. when you lose rapid fire, it is important to drag the humans to the ground after you free them, instead of letting them fall to the ground.

This way you will receive score, and power ups.

And with the UFO, use your shields, and keep firing until it is destroyed, or watch your radar and shoot the UFO while it is off screen, so it can't shoot you.

Nice to see that you achieved a better highscore :)

Good advice. And as always, this is still open for either playing the first time or beating the high score... both earn you a point.

• 10 months later...