IGNORED

Looking for book 'Your Atari Comes Alive'

Allan

Has anybody ever seen or have the book 'You Atari comes Alive' by Alpha Systems?

The descriptions says 'This "how-to" book and disk package details the construction, usage, and programming for these devices and more; Light Pens, Data Decoders, Alarm Systems. Light and Motor Controllers, Light and Motion Sensors, Voice Recognition.

"Your Atari Comes Alive" gives a thorough overview of the electronics and programming required, as well as detailed schematics and assembly instructions.'

Allan

Is this the same book that shows a robot figure on the front?

If so I have the book somewhere in terrible shape, and I think it's a bio-hazard now (cat got a little nasty with it several years ago, thinking the box it was in was a litter box), and I've lost the disk with all the programming examples.

I don't have access to a scanner, otherwise i'd archive it and clean it up.

Hopefully someone else out there got the book and disk set, and can archive it.

EDIT:

the book I have is Your Atari 8-bit comes alive, by Richard Leinecker. This is a book i'd like to get again with the disk, and try some of the experiments again. I remember building a light pen, and never got it to work, but it was fasinating to a kid in Jr. High. :)

Edited by SpicyChronos

If so I have the book somewhere in terrible shape, and I think it's a bio-hazard now (cat got a little nasty with it several years ago, thinking the box it was in was a litter box), and I've lost the disk with all the programming examples.

EDIT:

the book I have is Your Atari 8-bit comes alive, by Richard Leinecker. This is a book i'd like to get again with the disk, and try some of the experiments again. I remember building a light pen, and never got it to work, but it was fasinating to a kid in Jr. High. :)

I've never seen the cover but I think that's it. It's super rare. I've never heard of anybody having a copy. It's too bad you don't have the disk. If you could ever get it scanned I know a lot of people would appreciate it.

Allan

EDIT:

I've never seen the cover but I think that's it. It's super rare. I've never heard of anybody having a copy. It's too bad you don't have the disk. If you could ever get it scanned I know a lot of people would appreciate it.

Allan

I have this book. I was thinking of selling it, but I would rather sell it to real enthusiasts on this board if anyone is interested PM me.

Here is the disk form the book. Looks like the disk had a couple of bad sectors but I fixed it. It is an Atari DOS 2.0s Disk. I will see what I can do about archiving the book. I am not sure who runs atariarchives.org but I think that is the best place to put it. I will look into that.

Enjoy

Your_Atari_Comes_Alive.zip

Thanks puppetmark,

Kevin Savetz runs atariarchives.org and atarimagazines.com. There hasn't been much added to it for a while. One thing Kevin does though is make sure he has permission from the authors before he adds anything to the site. Until he gets permission you might have to find a different place on the web.

Here's Kevin's email address.

http://www.atariarchives.org/contact/

Allan

Kevin Savetz runs atariarchives.org and atarimagazines.com. There hasn't been much added to it for a while. One thing Kevin does though is make sure he has permission from the authors before he adds anything to the site. Until he gets permission you might have to find a different place on the web.

Here's Kevin's email address.

http://www.atariarchives.org/contact/

Allan

Thanks for the info. It would be nice to have the author's permission. I will send Kevin an e-mail and see what happens.

• 2 months later...
Hi all,

Any update on this project?

I contacted Kevin and after several weeks he did respond and said he was interested in putting the book on his site. He also said they may be able to contact one of the authors. I am waitng to hear what format he wants me to scan the book into. Since I haven't heard back, I will work on at least getting it scanned to TIF. I will try to get to it next week.

Hi all,

Any update on this project?

I contacted Kevin and after several weeks he did respond and said he was interested in putting the book on his site. He also said they may be able to contact one of the authors. I am waitng to hear what format he wants me to scan the book into. Since I haven't heard back, I will work on at least getting it scanned to TIF. I will try to get to it next week.

I did scan the whole book and have Chapters 1-8 corrected/spell-checked. I need to finish the rest of the book, scan all the pictures, and then HTML the whole thing. Luckily it's a very small book.

Allan