IGNORED

Hurrah for Supercharger

anny84

I've installed the Arcadia Supercharger my uncle gave me some day ago, bought at just $17.00 from Ebay. Nice to load games from my portable CD reader, a cheap CD reader (MP3 too) from Majestic!

I also tried to load some game from the Supercharger compatibility list (converted in Audio CD) and works good.

Later in this week I will try to load program files in MP3 format instead of Audio CDs. I think loading should be successful, since the loading time needed for loading a game is very short.

So the CD Reader is a good alternative to Tape Recorders.

What about MP3 pen-drive style readers? Did someone of you try them?

Cheers,

Anny

My primary method of uploading to a Supercharger is an old laptop running wplaybin.

I've also used CD players and an MP3 player. I've found that the MP3s must be encoded at 128kbps or higher to work. I have a cell phone that plays WMAs but not MP3s so I tried encoding some bin files to WMA format but I could not get the Supercharger to work with WMAs.

I've also used a Playstation to upload to a Supercharger. I know technically it's no different than using an ordinary CD player but there is something about seeing a Playstation talking to an Atari...

Well, a Playstation helps you to find tracks to play easily than a cheap CD-Player. Just click on the track number and press Play when Supercharger is ready. This is better than my Majestic CD-Player in this case: unfortunately it starts playing automatically after I choose a track (even if Pause button is pressed before selecting tracks), so Supercharger must be already in load waiting mode. Recording all Supercharger game waves with some blank second added to the beginning could be useful.

Anyway, there's a true trouble to use a Playstation as CD-Player: you need to have a TV screen for selecting tracks.

Anny

The 1000 series PlayStation is sought after for its clarity when playing audio CDs. I imagine it would do a good job of feeding games to a SuperCharger. The one thing you gotta make sure of is to get the stereo to mono adapter or to ensure your audio file is recorded on the left channel only.