IGNORED

Two new hacks from a novice

tkarner

Just like every novice, I am starting out with the obligatory Space Invaders graphical hack. I know, highly unoriginal, but I hope a certain degree of creativity on my part will turn an otherwise dull concept into something interesting that you'll want to play.

Cylon Invaders:

I've always wondered why there were no games based on Battlestar Galactica back in the day. All the other SciFi franchises were represented in the Atari Library. So here's Cylon Invaders. A mix of old and new Galactica graphics. You are flying a Colonial Viper along with three Battlestars in low orbit over Caprica (seems a good way to explain the green at the bottom of the screen). Then the Cylons unleash everything they've got. Five squadrons of the latest Raiders, backed up by one squadron of old school Raiders. Every now and then a Basestar comes within range of your weapons. Try playing game variation 2 and watch your Battlestars do some formation flying.

Odyssey Invaders (Plus):

Ralph Baer and Ed Averett have had it with that keyboard-less woodgrained toy from Atari getting all the attention so they've unleashed an army of pre-programmed-into-ROM sprites to conquer Atari Land... The entire armada of Alien Invaders...Plus! help from KC!...Pete lends his pick axe!...Generic bomber plane sprite even joins the attack... And even the UFO! makes an appearance!!!

Enjoy.

Comments welcomed.

CylonInv.bin

OdysseyInv.bin

• Like 1