IGNORED

Worship the Woodgrain in MP3 format | 4 Disks | 2pg Track List

Mark Wolfe

I think I fixed the problem with the multi-load games Dragonstomper and Mindmaster. I still have to test loading from the iPod and not just my desktop but I think I have it.

I customized the audio compression so that it was the absolute highest quality possible with iTunes. Since the trouble seems to only be with Stella Gets a New Brain I think I will -re-rip the entire cd with those settings.

-

A2600_SC.gif

Where the old meets the new. I finally got around doing Bob Colbert's mod 2 days ago. Also did the stereo plug mod yesterday. I bought this SC 7 years ago to do the Colbert's mod. But if it weren't for Mark W. who unselfishly converted Worship the Woodwgrain for everyone here and another user who converted Stella Gets A New Brain onto MP3, I probably wouldn't have bothered. Now I have a new toy to play with. :cool:

The Pocket PC is a Toshiba E805 running Ppod (IPOD like interface). The 4-switcher is my original unit from 1980.

Edited by Sincity

Where the old meets the new. I finally got around doing Bob Colbert's mod 2 days ago. Also did the stereo plug mod yesterday. I bought this SC 7 years ago to do the Colbert's mod. But if it weren't for Mark W. who unselfishly converted Worship the Woodwgrain for everyone here and another user who converted Stella Gets A New Brain onto MP3, I probably wouldn't have bothered. Now I have a new toy to play with. :cool:

The Pocket PC is a Toshiba E805 running Ppod (IPOD like interface). The 4-switcher is my original unit from 1980.

very very nice dude, I'll post pics of mine when it's done.

I will also post the re-rip of Stella and I'm going to start making MP3s of Nukey's hacks :)

Right now I'm waiting on my A/V mod for my 4-switch from 8bitdomain and the time to finish modding my SC.

very very nice dude, I'll post pics of mine when it's done.

I will also post the re-rip of Stella and I'm going to start making MP3s of Nukey's hacks :)

Right now I'm waiting on my A/V mod for my 4-switch from 8bitdomain and the time to finish modding my SC.

Let us know how the 8bitdomain AV mod turns out. I want to get one for the 4-switch, INTV, and CV.

(snip)

I'm slowly making my way through the entire 2600 library. Some 280 games still need disassembly to confirm SC-compatability. The example game above has already been converted in the 2600 hacks forum.

Yeh your work is making we want to build a unmod Supercharger library and actually get my Supercharger working on a 2600. How many games have been converted to the unmod standards so far?

(snip)

I'm slowly making my way through the entire 2600 library. Some 280 games still need disassembly to confirm SC-compatability. The example game above has already been converted in the 2600 hacks forum.

Yeh your work is making we want to build a unmod Supercharger library and actually get my Supercharger working on a 2600. How many games have been converted to the unmod standards so far?

It's definitely in the hundreds. About half the titles on WtW and all of Nukey's hacks. There are some great folks on the forum here who can mod your supercharger for you, that's how I got mine done.

Okay friends... as promised, the MP3 collection of Nukey's Hacks Volume 1

I have tested many of these, please let me know if any do not work, I'm 99% certain they all work

I have temporarily hosted them on my website but hope Albert will take them and host them here on AA

Have a great Holiday Weekend Everyone, I'm off to Canada for the weekend tomorrow

cheers!

http://www.liveatthespace.com/nukeyshacksV1.zip

8.4MB

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

I have tested many of these, please let me know if any do not work, I'm 99% certain they all work

I have temporarily hosted them on my website but hope Albert will take them and host them here on AA

Have a great Holiday Weekend Everyone, I'm off to Canada for the weekend tomorrow

cheers!

8.4MB

First of all thanks...Secondly, what exactly are these? :) What makes them different from regular SC files? If you explained I must not have understood. :P Are these for use with an unmodded SC?

cheers!

8.4MB

First of all thanks...Secondly, what exactly are these? :) What makes them different from regular SC files? If you explained I must not have understood. :P Are these for use with an unmodded SC?

Nukey's hacks are much better explained in his thread in the hacks forum, but what someone else said is correct. I made them in to MP3s from .bin files to be imported in to the MP3 player of your choice to use on an unmodded Supercharger :)

• 2 weeks later...
A2600_SC.gif

I finally finished it!! I opened up the Supercharger to install the 1/8" stereo jack. I was able to do it by grounding out the SLEEVE and RING with the bare wire post on the SC circuit board and attaching the white mono audio line to TIP.

This in addition to my new 4-switch A/V mod truly makes this an old meets new situation like my man sincity.

post-3814-1212865095_thumb.jpg

post-3814-1212865168_thumb.jpg

post-3814-1212865248_thumb.jpg

post-3814-1212865295_thumb.jpg

Just a quick followup. here is a closeup of the part I used for the audio mod. The tab sticking out of the top is the SLEEVE. I cut off the round part of the tab and then bent the prong down in to the RING connection, thereby bridging the two and connected the bare wire GROUND to the RING post.

Then I attached the white wire to TIP.

and it was as easy as that. the bottom base should be flush with the SuperCharger's circuit board and I was able to directly solder the RING post to the back solder point of the circuit board.

it works great.

post-3814-1212877993_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

I wish I had gone this route; much cleaner. But for some reason I was too lazy to open the SC again. Nice job, Mark!

I'm pretty lazy too but this was incredibly easy, especially since I was able to use the wire already soldered to the circuit board and for the ground, I just soldered the post right to the back soldering point. super easy. you do need some good needle-nose pliers to get that thing tightened down in there after you close it back up.

seriously, it was like a 5 min job.

• 5 years later...

cheers!

http://www.liveatthe...keyshacksV1.zip

8.4MB

Has there been any more add to Nukey's Hacks Volume 1?

please make sure you use the link to worship the woodgrain that is posted to the atariage server which the link is on page one of this whole thread. so far i never did get to any more of nukey's hacks, there were not that many I missed so far I don't think, and that collection is the last I did to work on it, please DO download nukey'd vol1 from my server but use atariage for the WTWG package, I don't even think it is on my server anymore anyway, if it is it will be removed

• Like 1