IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

ooh looks like a memory card slot on that??

Yes, it's a Micro SD. Bit of a pain to hand solder, but it fits nicely on the PCB.

Let me know when that comes out

A while yet, but definitely this year.

Id love to get a cart that can be updated and hold everything

Everything now and in the future. Including Animaction support and bank-switched (64K) games.

I'll go on the preorder list... :-)

I def want one

Excellent... I want one! I'll definitely go in for a order if you do.

Seems to be $22 for a payment of $130 via western unions calc from USA to Ukraine, so it saves two people $4 each ($76). I'm in for doing this in a week or two. I need to sell another modded Genny to help pay for this.

AX

I'd be interested too

A thread over at Sega-16 indicates that the Everdrive guy offers a rate of $55 each for bulk orders of 10+. I'd definitely be in at that (baseline) price. I have a dead Pit Fighter cart that I could use for the purpose, though if someone has tools that will allow them to do a nice clean job with a recycled sports game shell, a decent label, etc., that'd be even better and I'd obviously be willing to pay a bit extra for that.

Is the Everdrive software compatible with OS X? I assume I can load ROMs onto the card using pretty much anything, but it'd be nice to handle BIOS issues without having to set up a Windows machine. Also, can the Everdrive be used as a region change cart for Sega CD games?

Finally, is there any clear word on exactly which Master System titles aren't supported, if any? I assume that the Everdrive doesn't have FM support for the Master System, which is one of the advantages of the Neo Myth, but for a $100 difference I think I can do without...

Edited by thegoldenband

A thread over at Sega-16 indicates that the Everdrive guy offers a rate of $55 each for bulk orders of 10+. I'd definitely be in at that (baseline) price. I have a dead Pit Fighter cart that I could use for the purpose, though if someone has tools that will allow them to do a nice clean job with a recycled sports game shell, a decent label, etc., that'd be even better and I'd obviously be willing to pay a bit extra for that.

Is the Everdrive software compatible with OS X? I assume I can load ROMs onto the card using pretty much anything, but it'd be nice to handle BIOS issues without having to set up a Windows machine. Also, can the Everdrive be used as a region change cart for Sega CD games?

Finally, is there any clear word on exactly which Master System titles aren't supported, if any? I assume that the Everdrive doesn't have FM support for the Master System, which is one of the advantages of the Neo Myth, but for a $100 difference I think I can do without...

all you need is an SD card reader. first format the card in the flash cart once you boot it in the genny, then fill it up with roms and go. there are issues with saves on a CDX and both the CDX and Nomad will not play master system games.

@goldenaxe: way to steal my idea... which I stole from you when you tried to do the tg16 flash cart buy :P hehe. ok, you can do it. maybe I'll make custom cases and labels.

For running GBA on NDS, I'd say the M3 DS Real w/GBA expansion pack is the way to go. It's quite nice :)

I have this as well, and will vouch for its complete excellence! Totally rocks! Not sure if it's still available either as all anybody cares about is the "latest DSi card" nowdays.

I have the "Supercard SD mini" (or similar-sounding sh*t) and it sort-of works. Really JAMS in the slot tightly, have to manually save, have to patch ROMS, not all games play. I never use it because the DS one rocks.

all you need is an SD card reader. first format the card in the flash cart once you boot it in the genny, then fill it up with roms and go. there are issues with saves on a CDX and both the CDX and Nomad will not play master system games.

@goldenaxe: way to steal my idea... which I stole from you when you tried to do the tg16 flash cart buy :P hehe. ok, you can do it. maybe I'll make custom cases and labels.

It was a "get off the pot" moment. If you note (and I know you are teasing and not upset) I'm just organizing a list right now. If something takes place I do hope you will be part of it. I'd love to do cases, labels, inserts, and covers commemorating the fact that we worked together to have something nice.

AX

I still want a TG16 flash cart buy also! :twisted:

I'd love to do cases, labels, inserts, and covers commemorating the fact that we worked together to have something nice.

AX

cool, I'm going to look into doing that next week. I have an excellent way to make black and white labels that should be the proper size using my dymo label printer. maybe some graphically minded folks reading this can come up with some artwork. I have a nice dremmel and at least half a dozen carts I can butcher for this. If anyone has any genny sports game carts to offer up, I'll take 'em.

I'll do a prototype using my flash cart within the next week and show photos when I'm done.

I'd love to do cases, labels, inserts, and covers commemorating the fact that we worked together to have something nice.

AX

cool, I'm going to look into doing that next week. I have an excellent way to make black and white labels that should be the proper size using my dymo label printer. maybe some graphically minded folks reading this can come up with some artwork. I have a nice dremmel and at least half a dozen carts I can butcher for this. If anyone has any genny sports game carts to offer up, I'll take 'em.

I'll do a prototype using my flash cart within the next week and show photos when I'm done.

Can't wait!!

this online shop found with google still seems to have the ez-flash iv for $35

http://realhotstuff.com/ezflash-size-p-294.html

Mark, I'd like to get one of the GBA flash cards to use on a GBA (GB/GBC/GBA Roms). Is the EZ-Flash IV a good choice? Given it seems the M3 for GBA cannot be found?

Edited by Greg2600

Mark, I'd like to get one of the GBA flash cards to use on a GBA (GB/GBC/GBA Roms). Is the EZ-Flash IV a good choice? Given it seems the M3 for GBA cannot be found?

That is also what I would like and it seems to be confusing with patches, etc... :twisted:

There is also this one that says no patches required but is expensive until 10 are bought and I'm not 100% sure which roms work with it:

http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=41&cat=5&page=1

That is also what I would like and it seems to be confusing with patches, etc... :twisted:

There is also this one that says no patches required but is expensive until 10 are bought and I'm not 100% sure which roms work with it:

http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=41&cat=5&page=1

Well it would definitely be awesome for a GB/GBC/GBA flash cart, though I think the best solution available now is the USB loading GB/GBC cart mentioned previously, and then something else for GBA. For GBA, I still have and use my M3 Perfect movie player device. It uses compact flash cards, but it has 99% compatibility that I know of with no patching (only those NES ports don't work). Some people don't like if it sticks out, but I don't mind so much. If you want a cheap GBA flash cart, there was one I got for a friend last year that is USB based which only cost 20 bucks. If anyone wants that one, I can try to find the link. But both carts require no patching for GBA games (that sort of thing was only for running NDS games I think).

http://realhotstuff....size-p-294.html

it does look like it could work much like the M3. I think you should buy one now if you're gonna do it because they don't make them anymore and the stores that still have them are selling back stock until they're gone. I think I might pick one up soon too, just to have on hand for when there are none left and then maybe re-sell it.

it does look like it could work much like the M3. I think you should buy one now if you're gonna do it because they don't make them anymore and the stores that still have them are selling back stock until they're gone.

It still requires patching (unlike the superior M3), but I agree - get it while you can. IMHO it's likely the best/last GBA (non DS exclusive) cart you are going to see.

I've wanted to get a GBA flash cart for awhile now but I can never tell which ones work with the GBA Player on the GC (which is how I play GBA games). Some do, some don't but I don't ever see a list.

While I wouldn't exactly call it exhaustive testing, I've used the EZ IV in the GBA player and it's worked fine including saving.

I bought one tonight, website ships from NJ near me, ironically. So I guess I'll see what all the patching is about.

Patching means you have to run the ROM images through a utility program (EZ4client for the EZ4) so that they behave correctly (running, saving, etc) when run from a flash card. The EZ4 is one of the types that requires patching. Ideally you want to run 'clean' or unaltered images, which the M3 Perfects were capable of.

GBA cards do not work with the GB/GBC.

Does the EZ4 Client "clean" multiple roms at a time? You can run Gameboy and the black cartridge backwards compatible GBC games through an emulator, though that's not ideal. I think the only company that made a bridge adapter was the Flash Advance ones that came with a GBA flash card. Can't find anymore.

Alternatives?

Very little info but Bleepblop USB cart? Sold Out.

Gameboy USB 64M re-writable card (Sold at http://www.consolegoods.co.uk or http://kitsch.bigcartel.com/product/usb-64m-smart-card)

that's the first I've heard that the EZIV requires you to patch GBA games. I had assumed it was only for DS roms. That sucks of that is the case.

btw: I just sold the last 64M USB GB/GBC flashcart I had in stock. I will be ordering about 6 more by the end of the month so hit me up if you want one. $50 includes priority shipping in the USA.

I will also get my prototype genny flash cart case done soon and will post photos. I hope to have it by mid week next week.