IGNORED

Jaguar Asteroids nrg image

fsporsche

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I know the guy who programmed it (if this is the Asteroids game from iThink.) He lives here in little 'ole Winter Haven near me. He offered to give me his dev kit, but he went to look for it he had already given it to someone (who probably trashed it.) Said he doesn't have the sources to Asteroids either. <sigh>

Edit: Nevermind. Ya'll are talking about the Sinister version. :ponder:

Edited by Gregory DG

The Jaguar Asteroids on Omf's site is not in a .nrg or .cdi form but is the actual files for Asteroids on the Jag, all that has to be done is click the burn.bat after pointing this file to your CD-RW drive. Full instructions are given. :)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boggyb/

As stated in other posts, Myself and many others seem to not be able to get that to burn or do not have cdrecord. So if a CD image of the games can be hosted, ANYONE should be able to burn one. I was luck enough to finally have a fellow member send mt a copy. Thanks again T.

Don't have cdrecord huh? - No prob, It's included on Omf's site. :)

This is what you do:

DL the zip. Create a New Folder on your C: hard drive, name it Asteroids. Extract everything in the zip into that folder. Then open your command prompt dos window. Change the directory by typing "cd C:\Asteroids" (no quotes). Find your CD drive by typing in "cdrecord -scanbus" and hit Enter. From the list -Remember the 3 digit number of your CD-RW drive you will be using for the burn. Close dos window. Open the burn.bat file with MS wordpad. Change the two number sets with two commas in them to the one you remembered that is the location of your CD-RW. (Mine is 1,0,0 for instance) Save & close. Finally go to your Asteroids folder and simply click the burn.bat after putting in a CDR. :)

Here's the instructions that came with the BIWN download- it's very similar:

Instructions for downloading and burning a playable CD of Black ICE\White Noise, Rev. 18 [encrypted]

Making a Jaguar playable CD will take a bit of patience, and will require you to use a bit of DOS, but following these instructions carefully should make the process as painless as possible.

1. Create a directory at C:\BIWN and unzip the contents of this zip file into it.

2. Configure CDRecord with the location of your CD burner:

2A. Go under the Start Menu and launch a DOS command prompt (Start/Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt)

2B. Change the directory by typing "cd C:\BIWN" (but without the quotes)

2C. Find your CD drive by typing in "cdrecord -scanbus" and hit Enter. This will return results that look something like this:

scsibus0:

0,0,0 0) 'ST340015' 'A ' '3.15' Disk

0,1,0 1) *

0,2,0 2) *

0,3,0 3) *

0,4,0 4) *

0,5,0 5) *

0,6,0 6) *

0,7,0 7) HOST ADAPTOR

scsibus1:

1,0,0 100) 'ASUS ' 'CRW-4832AS ' '0.67' Removable CD-ROM

1,1,0 101) 'LITE-ON ' 'DVDRW SOHW-1633S' 'BS0H' Removable CD-ROM

1,2,0 102) *

1,3,0 103) *

1,4,0 104) *

1,5,0 105) *

1,6,0 106) *

1,7,0 107) HOST ADAPTOR

2D. Note the address of your CD burner. In this case,it's the second line under scsibus1, and the address is 1,1,0.

Be sure to leave your DOS Prompt open, as you'll need it in Step 5.

2E. Open the file called "burnenc.bat" in WordPad and change the existing address (which follows "-dev=" in two places) to your results,

then save and close the file.

cdrecord -speed=8 -dev=1,0,0 -pad -audio -multi warning.wav

cdrecord -speed=8 -dev=1,0,0 -pad -audio track02.bin track03.bin track04.bin hashtab.cd

3. Put a burnable CR-R in your burner. Note: do NOT use a CD-RW, as this will not play on your Jaguar!

4. Go back to the DOS Prompt window and initiate the burning process by typing "burnenc" and hit Enter.

Once the burn process is finished, you should have a disc that will run on any JaguarCD.

The problem seems to be that cdrecord doesn't work properly with some modern systems/burners. I tried it on both of my current desktop machines and got coasters. I had to swap my late-90s SCSI burner into one of my systems to make working CDs.

• 4 weeks later...
And my problem is, I don't have a Windows PC but I own an old G4 Mac.

Other PC owners I know all have PC's without DOS, like those new machines with only Vista on it...

A Dos emulator like DOSBox would help with that issue, though I'm unsure of any that were written for Macs though their probly are since their are Windows Emulators for Macs.