CSS's Impossible

Mac65 (original Cart)...i think my one's up the spout

Tube Baddies

Z Force

Tagalon

Mediator

Can't think of any more....back to some more emu. playing

Anyone with anymore

I honestly can say that I'd never buy an emulated version of an A8 game... It's the real deal for the real hardware if I'm gonna buy a game for my Atari...

I mean, shit, Carmel, I could make a boot CD/Floppy/USB-drive of any game you want if you're not too crazy about sound, or an InstallShield install if you'ld prefer running from a desktop. I'll charge around US$50 for each game that you want done... For US$100 I'll even throw in a manual and box... And that's any A8 emulator version of a game...

I think I see what you're trying to get at, but an 'emulated version' isn't really a term or product. There are native versions which can run on real A8 hardware or any arbitrary A8 emulator (copy protection, etc notwithstanding) , or there might be translated or recoded versions to run the same game natively on a modern platform.

Basically you're saying you'd like to buy NOS Atari software whose binaries could be converted to another storage medium. For instance - if you want an 'emulated version' of Universe - Contact Tom Carbone and tell him you want to buy Universe. He'll sell it to you, then you can take the floppies and covert them to ATRs and voila you have an 'emulated version'

Or something like the new Yoomp release. It comes in all the packaging, with manual etc, and has the binaries in several formats that you could move to another medium for emulation, or you could grab the binary from the web.

Either way, there isn't an 'emulator version' - there's an A8 binary that can be used as you wish.

Edited by remowilliams

I'll split in into 3 small bit's so that some peoples brains can comprehend what ORIGINALY was being asked

A....If it (the game/non game) or they (a collection of games/non games) were available now

from the point of view that you can't just turn up at HMV or Game or Zavvo (formerly Virgin Megastore) as expect to to buy Zybex, or Alternate reality, or the original Zork series (exapmples only) in the same way you'd expect to go into the same shops and get Quake 4, Anything to do with The Sims, another tomb raider game etc...the point being is that unlike the latter game examples, the atari games mentioned wouldn't be'widely available')

(substitute HMV or Game or Zavvo, formerly Virgin Megastore for popular orwell known game shops in your area)

Also, most of the A8 emulator versions of games and non games on the net, are not only not widely available in original format, also, in most or quite a few cases quiet hard/difficult to get your hands on (i am talking about original versions, not hacked or cracked versions)

B....In Proper A8 format.........

Tell me, what is it about 'PROPER ATARI 8 BIT FORMAT' you don't quite understand

PROPER A8 format from what i remember (and i'm more then willing to be corrected if i am wrong) was or is...CASSETTE, DISK AND or CARTRIDGE format...And that game or program data would be as is, as it was on it's original media, i.e in ORIGIANL format, not compressed ,hacked ,.cracked et,c etc or binary'd in anyway (unless the original came in binary file format anyway)

C....In original packaging etc.....

I'm not even going to bother trying to explain this one away, It should be as obvious and clear in what it says, even a 40 year old with the mental age of a newborn would understand what that meant (irrespectively and regarless of whether they are into the A8 or even if they knew what an A8 was)

Understand now, or do i have to explain it in a form of english that even primary school aged children (5-11 yrs) would i am sure, understand

I'll split in into 3 small bit's so that some peoples brains can comprehend what ORIGINALY was being asked

So why didn't you just ask "which A8 game would you buy now if it was available?"

Instead of convoluting everything by throwing "emulation" in there, which apparently has nothing to do with your question. :roll:

A....If it (the game/non game) or they (a collection of games/non games) were available now

from the point of view that you can't just turn up at HMV or Game or Zavvo (formerly Virgin Megastore) as expect to to buy Zybex, or Alternate reality, or the original Zork series (exapmples only) in the same way you'd expect to go into the same shops and get Quake 4, Anything to do with The Sims, another tomb raider game etc...the point being is that unlike the latter game examples, the atari games mentioned wouldn't be'widely available')

(substitute HMV or Game or Zavvo, formerly Virgin Megastore for popular orwell known game shops in your area)

Also, most of the A8 emulator versions of games and non games on the net, are not only not widely available in original format, also, in most or quite a few cases quiet hard/difficult to get your hands on (i am talking about original versions, not hacked or cracked versions)

B....In Proper A8 format.........

Tell me, what is it about 'PROPER ATARI 8 BIT FORMAT' you don't quite understand

PROPER A8 format from what i remember (and i'm more then willing to be corrected if i am wrong) was or is...CASSETTE, DISK AND or CARTRIDGE format...And that game or program data would be as is, as it was on it's original media, i.e in ORIGIANL format, not compressed ,hacked ,.cracked et,c etc or binary'd in anyway (unless the original came in binary file format anyway)

C....In original packaging etc.....

I'm not even going to bother trying to explain this one away, It should be as obvious and clear in what it says, even a 40 year old with the mental age of a newborn would understand what that meant (irrespectively and regarless of whether they are into the A8 or even if they knew what an A8 was)

Understand now, or do i have to explain it in a form of english that even primary school aged children (5-11 yrs) would i am sure, understand

Then it's not an A8 emulator version of a game. You're not very clear on the subject Carmel. Your subject header contradicts your term B. "If it or they" as written on your first post on this thread does not cover your ass... I'm thinking you may have to go back to school for a bit Carmel. Though you live in London, you really do not have a proper grasp of written english as much as you think you do, or editing skills for that matter as well...

Edited by dwhyte