IGNORED

Wanted: 7800 Screenshots

Albert

COLOR SELECTOR DEMO (2003):

-Trebor

2003?? Where did that year come from? 1983 or 1984 is more likely.

Mitch

That's how the ROM was (apparently incorrectly) named. I didn't realize it was an actual ROM from back in the day. I thought it was something new someone put together (Therefore, the recent year label made sense to me).

Anyhow, I took the year out.

-Trebor

I make fake 7800 screen shots as a hobby. With that color chart, I don't have worry about if I'm using the correct colors and I don't have to take a lots of screenshots or load a bunch of different games just to get a specific color.

Here's an example:

gallery_4750_216_66.png

Wow, just updated screenshots for 18 games, so I'm all caught up again! Looks like a total of 41 games have been updated so far. You guys are kicking ass--not only do the screenshots look better because of the corrected palette, but you're playing much further than when I initially took the shots. :) I've updated the first post of this thread with all the games that have been updated to date.

Keep up the great work!!

..Al

I make fake 7800 screen shots as a hobby. With that color chart, I don't have worry about if I'm using the correct colors and I don't have to take a lots of screenshots or load a bunch of different games just to get a specific color.

Here's an example:

gallery_4750_216_66.png

I used to play Pengo back a lot in the arcade. I wouldn't mind trying to make it if anyone has any good insight into how the snowbees move.

Here's an example:

gallery_4750_216_66.png

I used to play Pengo back a lot in the arcade. I wouldn't mind trying to make it if anyone has any good insight into how the snowbees move.

That would be a fun game to see on the 7800, especially since versions were done for both the 2600 and 5200. Heck, there's even a completely different version for the 2600 that Atari developed! Had fun with this game in the arcade, although I seem to remember it getting pretty hard fairly quickly. :)

..Al

COLOR SELECTOR DEMO (2003):

-Trebor

2003?? Where did that year come from? 1983 or 1984 is more likely.

Mitch

That's how the ROM was (apparently incorrectly) named. I didn't realize it was an actual ROM from back in the day. I thought it was something new someone put together (Therefore, the recent year label made sense to me).

Anyhow, I took the year out.

-Trebor

Getting a little off topic but I don't think I ever posted this one. :)

Now back to your regularly scheduled screenshots. :D

Mitch

7800_color_bars.jpg

Wow, just updated screenshots for 18 games, so I'm all caught up again! Looks like a total of 41 games have been updated so far. You guys are kicking ass--not only do the screenshots look better because of the corrected palette, but you're playing much further than when I initially took the shots. :) I've updated the first post of this thread with all the games that have been updated to date.

Keep up the great work!!

..Al

Al,

You missed my updates for Alien Brigade and Joust.

Check page 4.

-Trebor