IGNORED

Halloween 2600

cougar302b

I just received a collection of 2600 carts. In it is a Halloween cart. It came shrink wrapped with the manual (around the the cart) and in the middle is the Halloween cart. Unfortunately it is NOT labled except for the hand written title on a piece of tape. I looked at the database and see that the one Halloween cart is written in black sharpie. What I am trying to figure out is if this is the rarity 8 cart or just a scam. The cart looks exactly the same as the cart in the rarity guide, except that the title 'Halloween' is written on a piece of tape.

post-20087-1221186785_thumb.jpg

Edited by cougar302b

CPUWIZ is the man of the hour to answer this question but if I remember correctly it should look something like my Texas Chainsaw game here it should be pretty easy to pop open and should have an AP200 board inside. CPU can either correct me or acknowledge this I'm sure when he sees it.

post-11652-1221188183_thumb.jpgpost-11652-1221188198_thumb.jpg

PS the casing of your game looks identical to mine also as does the tag on it even has the same partial midline marks.

Edited by brucebidder

These came from Pleasant Valley Video out of Ohio. These are legit. Like Brucebidder said these do just pop open. If it looks like Brucebidders cart inside then you'll know for sure. Halloween is the harder one to find. Has the same rarity as an illustrated label. Just not eye appealing to some collectors. Very nice!! :cool:

Edited by ninermaniac

Dumb question, but here goes. How do you "pop" it open without damaging it? And after it is open what do I look for to tell it is not some hack?

You should be able to just grab the front on both sides (The front that would go into the Atari) and pull it open. It shouldn't take much force. If it does then something isn't right because these carts didn't have a screw put in them. The inside should look like the PCB that Brucebidder posted. It's got springs inside so be prepared!!!!! Or does it? :ponder: :D

Dumb question, but here goes. How do you "pop" it open without damaging it? And after it is open what do I look for to tell it is not some hack?

You should be able to just grab the front on both sides (The front that would go into the Atari) and pull it open. It shouldn't take much force. If it does then something isn't right because these carts didn't have a screw put in them. The inside should look like the PCB that Brucebidder posted. It's got springs inside so be prepared!!!!! Or does it? :ponder: :D

NO springs just an annoying little clip that I forget about and it scares the h out of me everytime I open it for a pic.....

CPUWIZ is the man of the hour to answer this question but if I remember correctly it should look something like my Texas Chainsaw game here it should be pretty easy to pop open and should have an AP200 board inside. CPU can either correct me or acknowledge this I'm sure when he sees it.

106_0534.JPG106_0535.JPG

PS the casing of your game looks identical to mine also as does the tag on it even has the same partial midline marks.

Yep, that is correct, it uses Apollo's 4K EPROM board. :)