IGNORED

JAGUAR-HSC October-Cybermorph - 2,121,800

doctorclu

Cybermorph, the pack in game of the Jaguar and the first impression of the Jaguar's awesome might!!! :D

Should be fun. Start playing! This will go till EXTENDED December 9th, 2008 at midnight CST.

Atardi - 2,121,800

OvalBugmann - 2,009,750

Tweety - 1,544,150

Doctor Clu - 1,447,350

Isgoed - 1,352,500

KevinCal- 898,300

Laemeur - 650,000

Jakenut86 - 532,500

Otaku - 6,200

Edited by kevincal

Sounds good to me. I'll give it a go tomorrow. I should be able to make it to atleast the 2 level and possibly the 3rd or 4th before running out of ships! :D I've still never beaten the game though. It's LOOONG and very difficult... :o

To all of you that give up on this game, because it is difficult... Just keep at it! It's quite rewarding when you do finally beat a level you've never beaten before. Also the worlds get much more interesting the further into the game you get.

Also, I actually prefer Cybermorph to Battlemorph. I'm probably the only one. ;) I never did get very far at all in Battlemorph. I might have passed the first level, but can't remember. I think I remember it being even harder than Cybermorph, so I gave up on it. Although I do love the CG cutscenes in Battlemorph complete with the cloned Sean Connery voice. :D

Although I do love the CG cutscenes in Battlemorph complete with the cloned Sean Connery voice. :D

LOL!! That was the truth. :)

Well to me Battlemorph kinda reminded of this movie "Planet Traveller" or something like that, where you could explore world after bizarre world. So the detail was there, the music was interesting, and being able to fly around on these worlds and blow stuff up was kinda a bonus.

Well, I have a confession to make, Cybermorph is actually fun. :D

Now that I am forced to sit down and play this game, I have made it completely past the first system of planets (and beat the Headhunter ship) and I have to say this game is a lot of fun. Once I came to understand how to aquire weapons and stay alive the game became a lot more fun.

(Just posted this following message at this link...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=0#entry1604055

... Just thought I would add here as well.)

Yes yes, I have ragged on Cybermorph time...

http://www.geocities.com/doctor_clu/cybermorph.html

... and time...

post-4709-1224077528_thumb.jpg

... again.

But the Jaguar High Score Club decided they wanted to play Cybermorph I democratically agreed to play the game kicking and screaming. It was my first game, and yes, I grew to like Bubsy so much because it was the game I got AFTER Cybermorph. So as a registered Cybermorph hater for about eight years and turned in my card last night, let me say this about Cybermorph:

It is a actually a fun game. I learned how to tackle the enemy ships and where to find more energy and weapon upgrades. Once I learned that, I just practiced shooting down enemies and blowing up buildings. One crazy thing is in this game there are places where you can take down the radar in the area, and once that happens, the enemy ships are no longer a threat.

We are also playing Battlemorph, which is just an amazing gaming experience (complete with game music, better rendered ship, landscape, just amazing.) But I have to say after playing the two side by side, the weapon selection in Cybermorph does seem to be greater. Also like one person mentioned, the objectives in Battlemorph can vary. Cybermorph you go in, get the pods, shoot some bad guys and go, and I think some prefer this over the longer missions of Battlemorph.

So now I'm finding myself wanting to get home and play Cybermorph some more. The moral of the story these games that suck today when approached later, or with the right advice, could turn out being a fun game.

Edited by doctorclu

Well, I have a confession to make, Cybermorph is actually fun. :D

Now that I am forced to sit down and play this game, I have made it completely past the first system of planets (and beat the Headhunter ship) and I have to say this game is a lot of fun. Once I came to understand how to aquire weapons and stay alive the game became a lot more fun.

You see!!!!!!!! ;) Now you have 4 more systems of planets to beat LOL... :D I think the problem with Cybermorph is that it is rather easy to lose your ships and get Game Over before even beating the first set of planets. I think that is what turns a lot of people off to the game. Plus the save system in Cybermorph sucks... Like if you beat 7 of the 8 planets in a system and then lose all your ships and get game over, you have to beat all those planets again! But once you realize you have to fly CAREFULLY ;) and use some strategy to beat the first set of planets, it becomes a lot of fun.

On that note, I could see myself having the same experience with Bubsy as you did with Cybermorph. I've never really given Bubsy on the Jag a REAL fair shake, like playing the game as if my life depended on it! :D I know I could get the hang of the controls and beat some levels, but like Cybermorph, there is quite a steep learning curve. I'll get it again one of these days and see if I can't get some enjoyment out of it. I do love platformers after all...

Edited by kevincal

You see!!!!!!!! ;) Now you have 4 more systems of planets to beat LOL... :D I think the problem with Cybermorph is that it is rather easy to lose your ships and get Game Over before even beating the first set of planets. I think that is what turns a lot of people off to the game. Plus the save system in Cybermorph sucks... Like if you beat 7 of the 8 planets in a system and then lose all your ships and get game over, you have to beat all those planets again! But once you realize you have to fly CAREFULLY ;) and use some strategy to beat the first set of planets, it becomes a lot of fun.

How does the save feature work? Does it allow you to save at every system? Man if I could just get past the Headhunter without loosing 4 lives that would be great to get used to the next system.

On that note, I could see myself having the same experience with Bubsy as you did with Cybermorph. I've never really given Bubsy on the Jag a REAL fair shake, like playing the game as if my life depended on it! :D I know I could get the hang of the controls and beat some levels, but like Cybermorph, there is quite a steep learning curve. I'll get it again one of these days and see if I can't get some enjoyment out of it. I do love platformers after all...

Advantages of Bubsy over say Zool, maybe even Rayman... once the enemies are gone, they are gone, even if you die. And they are always in the same place. Bubsy is a game of memorizing really. ;) But the comparison of my Cybermorph learning curve to your Bubsy learning curve... probably about the same. :D

Edited by doctorclu

How does the save feature work? Does it allow you to save at every system? Man if I could just get past the Headhunter without loosing 4 lives that would be great to get used to the next system.

Advantages of Bubsy over say Zool, maybe even Rayman... once the enemies are gone, they are gone, even if you die. And they are always in the same place. Bubsy is a game of memorizing really. ;) But the comparison of my Cybermorph learning curve to your Bubsy learning curve... probably about the same. :D

Basically in Cybermorph, there is a 4 digit code for each of the 5 levels of planets, and then I think a code for the very last level. The code is the same regardless of how many ships you have etc. So once anyone beats the first set of planets, you get the same code for level 2 as everyone else! ;)

True about Bubsy. The game would be nearly impossible if the enemies respawed, wouldn't it!? :o

Managed to get past the Headhunter at the end of the first system by just dropping mines behind me.

Now the twin guns at the end of the second solar system kicked my tail. I managed to take out the guns but not the last ship. Anyway, any advice on the twin guns?

Phew, just finished playing this game for hours and hours, until I got really tired, and had square-shaped eyes in my head....

I got as far as the fifth planet cluster, with 4 or 5 planets to go.

As you can see in the screenshots, I've lost most of my lives at the later levels, which were tough and not fun play.

post-6068-1224450547_thumb.jpg

post-6068-1224450528_thumb.jpg

My HS = 898,300

AND I JUST BEAT THE GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!!

AND HOW SHITTY IS THIS!!! I WASN'T EVEN ABLE TO ENTER MY HIGHSCORE ON THE PRESET HIGH SCORE TABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :mad:

Unbelieveable... The LOWEST score on the HS table is over 1 million... And the highest one is something like 1.6 million. Did they (the programmers/preset hs's) destroy every single building and enemy in the game!?!? I even did destroy a lot of extra buildings and enemies! Makes no sense that I accomplished this achievement and wasn't even able to enter my damn score on the table. Good thing I was paying attention at the end of the game cus my score was gone just like that! Anyway, it was fun and didn't seem all that hard for some reason. Maybe it was just my time to finally beat it...

At one point I had around 11 ships. I cruised through the first few levels, then there's a few worlds in the 4th and 5th levels that are like mazes and I had a hard time with them. Still beat the game with like 4 ships left over. So anyway, nearly cracked 900,000 and the main thing is, I BEAT THE GAME!!! :cool:

And and no, I have no proof. I don't have a camera... Buuuuuut I've been at Atari Age now for something like 5 years so you all can trust me, I'm sure... ;)

It took me about 2-3 hours to beat the game I'd say.

PS - It was the 2 MB version... ;) I think the 1 MB and 2MB version have different names and scores on the HS table. Can anyone verify this for me please!? :)

Hmm, after watching a couple vids of Cybermorph, I'm not so sure the highscores on my cart ARE the presets... :( They sure don't look like regular names and scores of regular people that would play Cybermorph though... Plus as I said, all are over 1 million... Ugh. Or maybe the very first batch of Cybermorphs had extremely high preset highscores!?

Hmm, after watching a couple vids of Cybermorph, I'm not so sure the highscores on my cart ARE the presets... :( They sure don't look like regular names and scores of regular people that would play Cybermorph though... Plus as I said, all are over 1 million... Ugh. Or maybe the very first batch of Cybermorphs had extremely high preset highscores!?

Well, if you're not even on there, you could always reset them, right, and see if they actually do.

Ya true. But at the same, time, I'd feel pretty weak resetting them. ;) I actually could have racked up more points in the easy levels by destroying buildings and killing more enemies, I just didn't have the patience. I was more focused on beating the game. :) But ya, I think they probably are high scores from people who previously owned the game... I dunno yet. :P I was just pretty shocked as I thought for sure I'd atleast be able to enter my name and score SOMEWHERE on the HS table. :( I was really stoked after I beat the game, and it was a pretty big let down. :( I think I could beat the game fairly easily from now on though... :) It's just rather time consuming at +/- 3 hours...

I played the 2Mb version, and the high preset scores you mentioned are probably not from the programmers.

I guess the game can be beaten in the time you mentioned, but I've gone the long road, trying to destroy nearly everything on every planet.

This takes a lot of time...... bleeergh!

My current score after hours and hours playing is: 895.900

The game was not over, I had several lives left but it was 15 minutes past 1 (in the night) when I decided to let my ships to be killed by the enemy, save the highscore, go to bed, and almost 5 hours later I had to get up to work... :(