IGNORED

What is happened to GoAtari?

Battlezone

I prefer GoAtari. For example, Gameliquidation sells many Lynx games, but selling the same 15 common titles. GoAtari usually sold titles like Pacland, Blockout, Gauntlet, Missile command, Rygar etc... titles not easy to find new/sealed on ebay... and about shipping cost GoAtari said "add just 1,00 USD for game"

GoAtari, please re-buy your stock and back on ebay!! :twisted:

I hope GoAtari is done for good. The guy was a real jerk.

Yeah, he seemed like a decent seller / businessperson when I used to buy from him over the phone back in like 1998/1999... but the last couple of times I delt with him (back in like 2004 or something), he was totally different. I think he just got over it... didn't seem to care anymore.

Well, that sucks.. As a new Jaguar owner, I just found the goatari website, and was intrigued with it. So, is GoAtari not recommended? Where would you guys recommend to get Jaguar games and accessories?

I know this should be in the marketplace forum, but, I'm in need of some composite cables for my Jaguar.

Well, that sucks.. As a new Jaguar owner, I just found the goatari website, and was intrigued with it. So, is GoAtari not recommended? Where would you guys recommend to get Jaguar games and accessories?

I know this should be in the marketplace forum, but, I'm in need of some composite cables for my Jaguar.

He is (was?) a good seller, especially on ebay. The only problem is that he doesn't reply to any mail since months. He could have personal problems, but probably he is out of Atari business now. Don't know why his website is still online...

yeah really... that's what I was thinking... my guess is Songbird bought out GoAtari... prolly where their re-stock of the original Protector came from... and that last copy of Atari Karts for only $80...

good news for me is I'm not too late for that Atari Karts

bad news for everyone else is they're too late for it now!

Man, I hate to brag... but I'm so glad I had a little discretionary income several years ago when all of these games were on clearance.

I remember when I first moved down to Florida back in late 1996, right out of high school... most of the stores were still carrying Atari stuff. I think Atari had JUST discontinued the system, and everything was put on clearance. Most people didn't bother buying the stuff, and over the next couple of years 96-99, I was able to buy basically 90% of a complete collection at rock bottom prices.

I got brand new, in the box games like Doom, Alien VS Predator, Rayman, Wolfenstein 3D, etc... I got games like that for $4.88 at KB Toys, and then other games for $7.99 at places like Electronics Boutique (is that place still around?).

I remember there was even a toy store chain (they had just been bought out by KB and were liquidating everything) and I was able to buy 4 (yes, FOUR) brand new, in the box complete Jaguar systems, two of them came with Cybermorph, and the other two were without, and each one was only $15 bucks.

The CD games were the most expensive, and they were selling them for $12 bucks each. I got Dragons Lair, Braindead (forget the name) and all the others for like $13 bucks.

It was a real kick in the nuts when I was used to buying at those prices, and realized I had to have them all and started to pay normal game prices from Telegames, GoAtari, and Songbird Productions.

I'm still glad I got everything... I'm missing a couple of games (World Tour Racing, Charles Barklay, and Battlesphere of course)... but I'll get them sooner or later.

I was very lucky to get many games for what I felt were less than fair prices, even though I never got any games at clearance prices... and I regret that I didn't take advantage of any of those clearance sales, but at least I'm still getting what I want for what I feel are fair prices... right now I'm only kicking myself in the nutts for not getting Worms yet... if I go for it, it's gonna cost me a fortune now... :( I prolly won't bother though... my rule with the Jag has been to get no games available on other consoles, with the only exceptions being DOOM & Raiden... those two were the best versions available on any console, so I had to own both of them, despite my rule otherwise... oh yeah, and Val d'Isere Skiing & Snowboarding... it's just so much better than the SNES version, Tommy Moe's Winter Extreme... it's prolly arguable that other Jag games available on other systems are far better than their competing versions too, and I may go for more of them, particularly the ones on Jag CD, but then I'll prolly be having to pay insane prices for Primal Rage, and regret I kept putting it off when I could've gotten it for a reasonable price... the rest wouldn't be any problem though, so maybe I'll start with Primal Rage... if I were to add any games that I already own on other consoles, and multiple times over at that, it would have to be the one I'd want most...

but no Cannon Fodder, Double Dragon V, Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, Evolution: Dino Dudes, Flashback, Pinball Fantasies, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Soccer Kid or any other sports games, Syndicate, Theme Park, Total Carnage, Worms, or Zoop... I just don't see much point in spending what it would cost me to obtain the Jag versions of all of those games as well, unless I just really wanted to beef up the size of my collection, or keep going for a complete collection... and I'm still not rolling in unlimited amounts of money yet either...

but BrainDead 13, Dragon's Lair, Myst, Primal Rage, & Space Ace? sure, maybe someday... prolly not Baldies & Highlander though...

I would be interested in adding 5 more Jag CD's to the 5 I already own, but only those 5... nothing else really matters much to me...

except of course 4 selections from Songbird, and whatever else they and others might release in the future... it remains to be seen...

meanwhile, I already own all the Telegames releases except Worms, I hope to own all but one of the Songbird releases soon, and I'll be adding the last of the Atari carts that I still needed when Atari Karts & Attack of the Mutant Penguins arrive... I can hardly wait for that!

Man, I hate to brag... but I'm so glad I had a little discretionary income several years ago when all of these games were on clearance.

I remember when I first moved down to Florida back in late 1996, right out of high school... most of the stores were still carrying Atari stuff. I think Atari had JUST discontinued the system, and everything was put on clearance. Most people didn't bother buying the stuff, and over the next couple of years 96-99, I was able to buy basically 90% of a complete collection at rock bottom prices.

I got brand new, in the box games like Doom, Alien VS Predator, Rayman, Wolfenstein 3D, etc... I got games like that for $4.88 at KB Toys, and then other games for $7.99 at places like Electronics Boutique (is that place still around?).

I remember there was even a toy store chain (they had just been bought out by KB and were liquidating everything) and I was able to buy 4 (yes, FOUR) brand new, in the box complete Jaguar systems, two of them came with Cybermorph, and the other two were without, and each one was only $15 bucks.

The CD games were the most expensive, and they were selling them for $12 bucks each. I got Dragons Lair, Braindead (forget the name) and all the others for like $13 bucks.

It was a real kick in the nuts when I was used to buying at those prices, and realized I had to have them all and started to pay normal game prices from Telegames, GoAtari, and Songbird Productions.

I'm still glad I got everything... I'm missing a couple of games (World Tour Racing, Charles Barklay, and Battlesphere of course)... but I'll get them sooner or later.

Ill trade you a World Tour Racing for one of your boxed Jags :)

meanwhile, I already own all the Telegames releases except Worms, I hope to own all but one of the Songbird releases soon, and I'll be adding the last of the Atari carts that I still needed when Atari Karts & Attack of the Mutant Penguins arrive... I can hardly wait for that!

Honestly, Worms for the Jaguar is very cool. It reminds me of Scortched Earth (anyone ever play that?).

You'll really like Atari Karts too... way better (in my opinion) than the comparable Nintendo variety that was offered during that time.

Ill trade you a World Tour Racing for one of your boxed Jags :)

Hah, honestly... you'll be pissed to know that I ended up opening all of them. I didn't think about the rarity of the system (at the time). I honestly think I have like 5 Atari Jaguars in my house, but I only have ONE left that's unopened in the box. I do still have another one in the box, but it's opened. I have one really beat-down Jaguar, and then two decent ones.

I sold one of the other boxed ones, and then gave one to a friend a while back.

Is World Tour Racing good? I'm not expecting Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed of course, but is it at least playable?

By the way, your sig is totally from one of the old Ultima games, right? I think I asked this before but I forgot. I see the quote about moongates so I can only assume. Ultima 6 is still my all time favorite.

Edited by 82-T/A

You'll really like Atari Karts too... way better (in my opinion) than the comparable Nintendo variety that was offered during that time.

Is World Tour Racing good? I'm not expecting Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed of course, but is it at least playable?

I think World Tour Racing is good... it's sure as hell better than Checkered Flag, and I think that one's OK... I'd say it's worth getting...

as for Atari Karts, it was Mario Kart that kept me avoiding it for so long... so I'm sure that I'll fall in love with it too... it's gotta be great...