IGNORED

TI-99/4A Robotron: 2084

Toucan

I have just came across a Robotron: 2084 prototype by Atarisoft which I got from the programmer of the game himself, Bill Parod. I posted a website with screen shots and will be taking pictures of the prototype soon as well. This is a new game find in the TI community, one that was lost back in 1983. Also, the ROM has been dumped. Check out the links below to see more:

Main TI Robotron Page:

www.videogamehouse.net/gamemain/cartsnr/robotron

ROM:

www.videogamehouse.net/gamemain/cartsnr/robotron/robotron.zip

• Like 2

That's fantastic! Robotron: 2084 is one of my favorite arcade games and it's awesome to see that a port was done for the TI 99/4a. Thanks for taking the time to share this with the community!

Those box and manual mockups--are those actually from Atari?

..Al

Well, I made them myself using Apple boxes and a C64 manual. So it's how it would have looked. I cut and pasted the TI text from the front and back of a TI Donkey Kong box, getting rid of the Apple references and making it look like a true TI box. Hey, this is how it would have looked, no more having to imagine it in your head :)

I would have been all over this game if it would have come out! :D Thanks Toucan!!!!Did he give a reason on why it was not released; was it towards the end of the life cycle for the TI?

Roklan went out of business. That's one of the problems with contracting out software.

I would have "killed" for this one back in the day. It would have been life changing. Then again maybe not?

Many Thanks!!!! to you and Mr Parod for sharing this with the world. You are both a credit to all mankind, unlike the evil ones who won't share 2600 turbo, charlie brown, and pink panther with the world.

P.S. Playing it now, a very nice port. Really wish it would have been released back in '83. Stupid 1983 Video Game crash.

Edited by JL

I have just came across a Robotron: 2084 prototype by Atarisoft which I got from the programmer of the game himself, Bill Parod. I posted a website with screen shots and will be taking pictures of the prototype soon as well. This is a new game find in the TI community, one that was lost back in 1983. Also, the ROM has been dumped. Check out the links below to see more:

Main TI Robotron Page:

www.videogamehouse.net/gamemain/cartsnr/robotron

ROM:

www.videogamehouse.net/gamemain/cartsnr/robotron/robotron.zip

the videogamehouse website is an excellent TI-99/A4

I discovered by googling

even if I dont really collect that machine

it is pretty complete and great!!

Wow, that does look awesome. Imagic were one of the few software houses that never made ports, they made actual versions for the hardware. To this day it seems most companies still follow the Activision model, with a primary platform and everyone else getting conversions of that version.

• 4 weeks later...

I am truly overjoyed to see this. I've been wondering for some time now whether this game was ever made or not. The TI99 Rarity List* marked it as a R9 but I never could find any real information on it so I assumed it was probably just a rumor and was probably never finished, or even started for that matter.

* The TI99 Rarity List

I see so many newly created carts of old unreleased TI games on Ebay so can I assume there would be no problem putting this one on a cartridge as well? I would buy one without a second thought. :cool: