IGNORED

Tetris

atari2600land

I just have one more suggestion: Could you change the

playfield color every 5 points, Just like in the original game?

You mean 10? I don't think I can because of the two-player option, if one player has 8 lines and the other has 11, I couldn't change part of the playfield vertically like that.

I just have one more suggestion: Could you change the

playfield color every 5 points, Just like in the original game?

You mean 10? I don't think I can because of the two-player option, if one player has 8 lines and the other has 11, I couldn't change part of the playfield vertically like that.

You can by using CTRLPF=03 wich let's you use player0's color for the the left side and

player1's color for the right side

The main reason I haven't been working on Tetris is that I found a bug, got discouraged, and I don't know how i did it or how it can be duplicated. I know it has something to do with being near the end of the game (at the top.) I'll play it some more and see if I can do it again and find the cause. (That and Boxiz is much easier to work on.) If I release Tetris, it'd have to wait a while because I'm using the SuperChip and there's no (feasible) way to release SuperChip games, at least not now anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Problem 1: There is no label erase_line_1c_p1, but you're trying to goto it. I think you meant erase_lines_1c_p1.

Problem 2: This one might just be a problem on my setup, but for some reason the asm is using "pfwidth" when pfres is defined, and pfwidth isn't in any of my headers or bB asm files.

If you add "const pfwidth=4" in addition to the pfres constant, you can then compile.

Edited by RevEng

Fixed it! It was RevEng's idea, and i discovered it on my own. The reason I was trying to mess with it at all was to fix the various bugs. Please play this latest version and tell me what bugs you see if any.

When I clear a line the score moves by more then 1, is this a bug or a feature?

Another thing I noticed is that once the score gets into the 100s the numbers get scrambled up Edited by smartkitten26

I've been sitting on my Superchip 2-player tris for a while now, and honestly it doesn't do much that Chris' version does not. The main differences in mine being a higher vertical resolution, player-masked dropping blocks (for more color), multicolor backgrounds, and multiple 1 & 2 player modes.

I never would have been able to pull off anything close to this without the sc, I'm definitely impressed. I think you could use the players for more color though and possibly add more modes without going the sc route.

I AM using the Superchip. By the way, I have a new version. I know there are still some bugs that have to do with the number of scanlines going over 262 and the dreaded red number has appeared again, but this is to get both sides changing colors once they reach a multiple of ten (Nati's idea). I'll keep working on this. Since the shapes change colors, I changed the game's background color to black. I think it's cool-looking with the colors that appear now (While playtesting, I haven't had a chance to go above 19 lines. I'll do that now to see what the colors look like afterwords.) What I'd really like is a two-player 3 digit score. (Curtis P, this seems to be your forte.)

tetris2player22.bas.bin

tetris2player22.bas

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

OK, I got back to working on this again. There is only a one-player option because I'm going to add a B-Type mode. For those of you who aren't into Tetris for the Game Boy or NES, B-Type is where garbage blocks fill up some space and your job is to get 25 lines and if you can, clear up some of those garbage blocks. I haven't added this in yet, but when you start the game, you will be able to choose between levels 0-9 (0 being slowest and 9 being fastest) in both A-type and B-type.

tetris1player.bas.bin

tetris1player.bas

• Like 1