IGNORED

Defender 2000 - JAGUAR HSC - February '09 - The DvD_12,478,478

kevincal

Defender 2000 it is then. :) Ok how about this, you can go ahead and play either 2000 or classic mode. But you can only score points for one mode. So let's say you have the 1st highest score in classic, but only the 3rd highest in 2000. We'll use whichever position you are best in (either 2000 or classic) when the contest ends and give out points accordingly. If two people have the same highest position, we'll average both their positions or points to determine rank. :) This will be used to determine who gets first place as well. :) All the positions etc.

Does that make any sense? LOL...

The points are totally different between the 2000 and classic mode right? I'm basing my decision on that. If the two modes score points nearly identically, then I guess it doesn matter what mode we play. (I've never actually played the game yet, help me out :P)

Also any ideas are welcome as to what to do regarding the different modes etc. Contest ends February 28 @ 11:59 PM.

2000 Mode

12,478,478 - The DvD

5,084,796 - Atardi - 8 points

2,375,982 - Isgoed - 4 points

1,502,478 - LeGeek

1,000,000 - The Legend (JSII)

514,300 - DarthKur - 6 points

156,711 - DoctorClu - 2 points

Classic Mode

483,550 - Atardi

307,850 - DarthKur

158,950 - Isgoed

150,250 - Tweety - 1 point

148,450 - DoctorClu

26,800 - LeGeek

Plus Mode

4,259,435 - Atardi

954,259 - The DvD

145,790 - LeGeek

126,710 - DarthKur

70,380 - Isgoed

34,400 - DoctorClu

RJ - 887,885 ('08) (not sure if this is 2000 or classic.. Said he "skipped bonus levels".. Anyone?

Ideas for games in the coming months..

D2K Classic mode

Hoverstrike and/or Hoverstrike CD?

FlipOut!

Missile Command 3d

Attack of the Mutant Penguins

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure

Flashback

NBA Jam T.E.

I-War

VidGrid

Blue Lightning

Super Burnout

etc.

Edited by kevincal

DDV does have a scoring system.. doesn't it.. :) I played the game for the first time recently and... LOL, people weren't kidding when they were talking about how bad it is..

DDV ... LOL!!!

Well I would play DDV just to get it out of the way.. and to give me an excuse to fire up the flash card. (Like I would let DDV into my collection, I have vowed never to own that game).

As for Defender 2K.. what game? I LOVE classic on that.

Well ACTUALLY, I just recently acquired Defender 2000 and have yet to play it at all. :) I've got my N64 hooked up right now and am busy with that. :) I have heard all about the 2000 mode being kinda crappy with the oversized ship so.. I guess we'll have to just wait until February 1 to see what kind of votes we have. :) Yikes, which is only a few days away lol. Where in the world is the time going these days. I swear these months are going by absurdedly (is that a word or not? :P) fast...

Ok how about this, you can go ahead and play either 2000 or classic mode. But you can only score points for one mode. So let's say you have the 1st highest score in classic, but only the 3rd highest in 2000. We'll use whichever position you are best in (either 2000 or classic) when the contest ends and give out points accordingly. If two people have the same highest position, we'll average both their positions or points to determine rank. :) This will be used to determine who gets first place as well. :) All the positions etc.

The points are totally different between the 2000 and classic mode right? I'm basing my decision on that. If the two modes score points nearly identically, then I guess it doesn matter what mode we play. (I've never actually played the game yet, help me out)

Also any ideas are welcome as to what to do regarding the different modes etc.

Edited by kevincal

I still have to get around to playing this. I've been buying so much gaming stuff lately... Just bought my first 3DO on eBay today LOL. :) I used to have Protector: SE and had a lot of fun with that, I'm sure I will like this game. :)

Protector SE... a good balance of graphics and gameplay. But for older style graphics and best Defender like gameplay, I found that Classic Defender is the best. To me a good Defender game is one that can be enjoyed, where you can play on the screen and not play by radar.

Defender 2000 is awesome in the additions and powerups. And if we could one day program a SECOND screen to make for a larger gameplay area, the game would be EXCELLENT!

Ya, did you see the hour long Jeff Minter lecture on Youtube? He actually talks about being forced to make a bigger ship etc.

Watch this starting at the 25:45 mark.

Yep, just make it where you have two screens for the gameplay and it would be a AWESOME game. Be cool if you could network two Jaguars to do that.