IGNORED

eBay find: Peter Finzel selling some of his Atari equipment:

Thorsten Günther

Speaking of Schreckenstein. It seems that Peter created the game almost completely on his own. including graphics and musics.

To me Schreckenstein is the best junp'n'run game on the Atari 8bit. It's not only extremly motivating to play it again and again, it also introduced some concepts which I personally never found so exciting again in newer games. For instance the strong multi-player jump'n'run concept. It is just brilliant and as such probably only reused by Little Big Planet on the PS3. Of course I don't need to repeat all the great things about this game, but it seems that Schreckenstein never made it that popular outside of Germany, which is quite a pity.

nevertheless it seems to be a great loss for the atari scene and all his fans.. even though he did not seem to be very active in the last decade..

grtx,

\twh

Schreckenstein is one of my all time Atari favourites. I used to play it to death two player with my brother. very cool with the split screen. We translated it to English with a sector editor back then I can remember. Peter Finzel was a great coder. it's a shame to see him selling his stuff off.

1:0 Tezz... nothing more to say... ;)

but why do we not get Peter over to Atariage to share some of his memories?

ps. btw.... i am interested in a PAL 800... :)

Well heaven/twh/f2 seeming as though you are nearer the 'horses mouth' (Peter) perhaps you's can invite him directly

Is the main reason this is at 246 EUR already because of this?

"This computer program was created in 1984 "Cavelord" - and later at Ariolasoft and Axis was in sales. The buyer will receive both the master disks to - the great-Cavelord and Schreckenstein "Reborn" version - without the eternal header from Axis!"

http://74.125.19.100/translate_c?hl=en&amp...r1UJEYOpLExtaPw

Edited by Xebec's Demise

To our German members possibly... what does he mean by calling the 800XL a "weichgespülter"? I can't find a translation for this. From the context, I think he's saying the XL is cheaper, or heathen or something, but can't really be sure. Thanks in advance.

To our German members possibly... what does he mean by calling the 800XL a "weichgespülter"?
He wants to tell us that the A800 is far the best A8.

weichgespült is adverb of Weichspüler -> fabric softener

LOL, okay, thank you!

To our German members possibly... what does he mean by calling the 800XL a "weichgespülter"?
He wants to tell us that the A800 is far the best A8.

weichgespült is adverb of Weichspüler -> fabric softener

So your saying that the 800xl comes out in the wash/washing cycling

So your saying that the 800xl comes out in the wash/washing cycling
Maybe, it is Peter´s intention about the XL -> to many fabric softener at washing of the 800 and some items are lost, like the two joy ports.

I never owned a 800, so I am not the right man for jury.

So about $1400 US dollars?! Wow, I never thought it would go for that.

Any idea who got it?

More like $1500.00 even with the euro on the decline when it was sold with Shipping and handling. Ka-Ching!

Edited by _The Doctor__